Please help! clipped a new duck we just got and I'm covered in blood!

I would treat the external parasites right away. I dont think it will have any adverse reaction to the antiseptic topical meds already applied , but not treating right away could lead to adverse reactions like anemia (which would be compounded by yesterdays blood loss ) infections , immune system issues , etc
I use "Gardstar Poultry dust" because its very safe for all parties involved and extremely effective, its cheap and available at most TSCs.
If the pesticide has warnings about causing cancer or reproductive issues ( sevin dust) than i would not use it.
also without retreating every 10 days for a few times you will not get rid off all the different stages of the bug in its life cycle , and the problem will def. return and you will be back to square one. <--- been there , done that , bought a tee shirt
lol.png

Quote:
Thank you that makes sense. I just dusted the chickens again and they already look 100% better after the first treatment. I just didn't want to stress her out anymore but she'll just have to tough it out and let me get it done!

Back
Top Bottom