Please help I don’t what’s wrong with my chicken it has been 5 days and I don’t know what to do please give me advice

L2010

Hatching
May 30, 2023
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 4
A much more experienced member than me has already replied, and I agree. Some better photos could be taken, but from what I can see I think it's what Eggcessive suggested. Try to keep the area clean, the other chicks shouldn't mess with it. The Betadine definitely sounds like a good idea

Maybe a prolapsed vent? If so this is what Google said:
Using a water-based lubricant, gently massage the tissue back inside the vent and into place. The tissue should respond with easy, delicate touching; do not press too hard. If the tissue is not going back in easily, then the case has become too complicated, and you will need to call an avian vet.

The first poster is correct.. it's an unabsorbed yolk or open naval.. The vent is higher near the tail. The red lighting isn't helping to see what's going on. If betadine is not available, consider using an triple antibiotic type cream, or other.

Usually results in mushy chick syndrome and failure to thrive.. but on occasion infection is avoided.

Other unlikely possibility is naval hernia.

Pooping is a good sign! Eating and drinking are also! :fl

Back
Top Bottom