please help!!! i dont know whats wrong with my duckling

duckgirl130

In the Brooder
Apr 22, 2022
i got my duckling from atwoods about a week ago. he is a good normal duck but today hes been panting , ive tried cold water but still the same. he lays down with his eyes closed but i cant tell if hes sleeping ? he drinks water normally but only eats from my hand. his eyes are slightly red:( im so worried, someone please help me figure out what to do:( he walks around the house with me just fine but is also very itchy… i pray that he isnt dying:( i just cry thinking about it:( he goes immediately to lay down when i put him in his sleeping box:(

Your little duckling might be very lonely when you put him in his sleeping box. I had a few day old duckling rescue last summer that became depressed and just lay down on the stuffed duck in his brooder. He didn't eat nor drink. I recognized a sad little duckling and got him out and kept him with me all day -- sitting on the table between my laptop and me. When he had to go into his brooder, I had it on chairs by my side so that he could see me. He recovered and has done well. He is a great soft lump of an adult muscovy drake now!

i got my duckling from atwoods about a week ago. he is a good normal duck but today hes been panting , ive tried cold water but still the same. he lays down with his eyes closed but i cant tell if hes sleeping ? he drinks water normally but only eats from my hand. his eyes are slightly red:( im so worried, someone please help me figure out what to do:( he walks around the house with me just fine but is also very itchy… i pray that he isnt dying:( i just cry thinking about it:( he goes immediately to lay down when i put him in his sleeping box:(
What temp is his little Sleep box
When ducks pant it usually means they are to hot
Can he get away from the heat source ?
Can you take pics of his set up please so we can help you figure it out
Also never give them cold water it has to be warm to room temp

Back
Top Bottom