Please help. Immediately!

I think moving around is a better sign than just lying there. Sounds like he's alert and aware that he's somewhere else. Do you have some sort of stuffed animal that you can put in there with him? Something for him to try and snuggle up with. When he's moving around, is he going away from the area beneath the lamp or towards it?

I'm gonna guess either route is a huge risk. Poor little chick. It's still mostly holding it's head over it's back. Not sure what that means.

It's not interested in drinking anything, and I put it back in the cloth I have under the heatlamp. It's sleeping technically, but it doesn't look healthy. It's hard to tell it's alive. I don't have a better heating thing then my heat lanp or my body and blankets. And I doubt I can get my body heat anywhere near 95 degrees.
Correct on the body heat. Sometimes you have to open the little beak to drip the electrolyte solution in. It's not only cold but dehydrated. It's very important to keep that lil chick hydrated. If you can, set your alarm for every 2 hours tonight and literally open it's beak to drop the electrolyte solution in. Even if you drop the solution from your finger tips. Good Luck with your lil chick. Hope this helps. Are you able to slip it back under the Mom tonight?

Back
Top Bottom