Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Hovabator Genesis 1588

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • IncuView All-In-One

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Brinsea

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
To help them stand without slipping? Could I use a grippy old towel instead?

I wouldn't use a towel because the water reservoir is underneath so a towel could affect the humidity. The no-skid liner is cheap, disposable, and works perfectly. With such tiny chicks, I'm actually recommending you use it because I wouldn't want them to get their bitty feet stuck in the grate.

Maybe 10 - 12 eggs? I don't really know yet. I'm homeschooled too :lol: so I'd have lots of time.
Oh, yeah! I forgot you are homeschooled too.
To help them stand without slipping? Could I use a grippy old towel instead?
I wouldn't use a towel because the water reservoir is underneath so a towel could affect the humidity. The no-skid liner is cheap, disposable, and works perfectly. With such tiny chicks, I'm actually recommending you use it because I wouldn't want them to get their bitty feet stuck in the grate.
I agree with Aunt Andrea, grippy shelf liner is best.
I will also say, I imagine this was kind of a freak thing, but I had a quail chick get its head stuck in these little hole things in the NR tray.
20200621_215021.jpg

But he was a really dumb little chick (he really was) so it is definitely not typical. Just throwing it out there. You could cut the liner so it covers the holes though.
Also, the quail didn't die from that. He flew away as an adult (escaped) and never came back. He was kind of a nut, lol.

Back
Top Bottom