Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Hovabator Genesis 1588

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • IncuView All-In-One

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Brinsea

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
I don't know. I incubate everything the same way and use my five different calibrated/salt tested thermometers and hydrometers.

How many are you planning on incubating? You might have to. I've never had a problem with hand-turning them because I'm homeschooled and don't really have to go anywhere though, so I'm not sure how difficult it would be for you to be around to turn them. Most incubators don't do well with quail eggs from what I've seen, except for those that have a separate turner specifically for quail.

My friend actually gave me those quail rails and wouldn't you know, those eggs still got stuck. Another thing I didn't like about my experience with the styrofoam, those turners.

My friend actually gave me those quail rails and wouldn't you know, those eggs still got stuck. Another thing I didn't like about my experience with the styrofoam, those turners.
Really? Weird. What incubator was it for? Quail seem to be tough. I have tried them in all sorts of turners, and never had luck. They always get turned weird or get stuck. Sometimes they even end up pointy side up! I thought my janoel would be great for quail, but I had the same problem.

I haven't used the Incuview because it was more pricey and out of stock when I was looking, but it does seem like a good incubator!

It's nice because it's so easy to clean and I have used the auto turner and hatched anything from quail to geese but I can't deny that it's still touchier than the NR360, you really can't beat the consistency of NR360 and when using the turner in the NR360 that goes all the way around the incubator it completely eliminates hot and cold spot issues. I still rotate eggs around in the IncuView.

Hi all! I was going to get the genesis hovabator, but then I started hearing bad things about styrofoam not being very consistent with temperature, even though it's a really great incubator in other ways, and I'm at a loss of what to do. I'm looking for an incubator that is very reliable, and not over $230 if possible. It doesn't have to be big, but not too tiny please. I was looking on incubatorwarehouse.com and wondered if any of the ones on there are really good? They gave them starred reviews but I want lots of opinions :) I've heard that Brinseas are pretty good, but I want to try to avoid them because they are so expensive! (I know any good one is going to be kinda expensive)
Thanks for reading this everyone! Hopefully you help me decide!

I 10000% Recommend the Nature Right 360 this incubator is so easy to handle basically just let it run its job and it will Hatch your chicks. It was a temperature reader and a humidity reader and automatic egg turner that turns 3 times a day by itself. You don't even have to upen it to put water in for humidity you cam just add the water trough the side wholes. 100% Recommend this one wish you luck 👍
20210109_162409.jpg

Screenshot_20210109-162625_Gallery.jpg

Really? Weird. What incubator was it for? Quail seem to be tough. I have tried them in all sorts of turners, and never had luck. They always get turned weird or get stuck. Sometimes they even end up pointy side up! I thought my janoel would be great for quail, but I had the same problem.

That was the Hovabator but it was a Little Giant turner I was using in it. I used the NR360 successfully to hatch quail but you're right that they bounce around, I checked it often. I found mine stayed in place better in the center ring and I put two eggs per slot in the outside. Those were standard quail eggs though, for buttons I would either hand turn or use the IncuView because those shells are extremely delicate. Even in the IncuView quail eggs slide around but it's still enough movement for a good hatch.

How many are you planning on incubating? You might have to. I've never had a problem with hand-turning them because I'm homeschooled and don't really have to go anywhere though, so I'm not sure how difficult it would be for you to be around to turn them. Most incubators don't do well with quail eggs from what I've seen, except for those that have a separate turner specifically for quail.
Maybe 10 - 12 eggs? I don't really know yet. I'm homeschooled too :lol: so I'd have lots of time.

I 10000% Recommend the Nature Right 360 this incubator is so easy to handle basically just let it run its job and it will Hatch your chicks. It was a temperature reader and a humidity reader and automatic egg turner that turns 3 times a day by itself. You don't even have to upen it to put water in for humidity you cam just add the water trough the side wholes. 100% Recommend this one wish you luck 👍
View attachment 2482811
View attachment 2482817
At this point I'm kind of leaning in the direction of the Nurture Right, because of all the great things I've been hearing about it! Can you set the humidity? Sorry I don't know anything about incubators 😂
Thanks!

That was the Hovabator but it was a Little Giant turner I was using in it. I used the NR360 successfully to hatch quail but you're right that they bounce around, I checked it often. I found mine stayed in place better in the center ring and I put two eggs per slot in the outside. Those were standard quail eggs though, for buttons I would either hand turn or use the IncuView because those shells are extremely delicate. Even in the IncuView quail eggs slide around but it's still enough movement for a good hatch.
I will probably hand turn my button eggs, just to be safe

Back
Top Bottom