Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Pics

ButtonHoarder

Ich bin der knopfe
Premium Feather Member
Sep 11, 2020
Neptune
Hi all! I was going to get the genesis hovabator, but then I started hearing bad things about styrofoam not being very consistent with temperature, even though it's a really great incubator in other ways, and I'm at a loss of what to do. I'm looking for an incubator that is very reliable, and not over $230 if possible. It doesn't have to be big, but not too tiny please. I was looking on incubatorwarehouse.com and wondered if any of the ones on there are really good? They gave them starred reviews but I want lots of opinions :) I've heard that Brinseas are pretty good, but I want to try to avoid them because they are so expensive! (I know any good one is going to be kinda expensive)
Thanks for reading this everyone! Hopefully you help me decide!

Nurture Right 360
IMG_20210106_155502140.jpg
works and very easy to use.

I have had very nice results with Hovabators. I heard that styrofoam incubators work better than plastic ones, but I know others have different opinions.
Yeah, I thought I had decided on a Hovabator, but then I started getting unsure with all the negative-ness towards styrofoam ones. And I've never successfully hatched anything so I'm clueless :confused:

Yeah, I thought I had decided on a Hovabator, but then I started getting unsure with all the negative-ness towards styrofoam ones. And I've never successfully hatched anything so I'm clueless :confused:
Some people say that cleaning styrofoam incubators is hard, but I disagree. I just got some water and a rag and gave it a good wipe down. And if you wanted a better clean, you could easily mix bleach into the water, I think 1/10 bleach to water would work well. What else have you heard? I'm curious :idunno

Before I answer, what are you planning on hatching in the incubator? Just chicken eggs? I love my NR360s but the IncuView is great for larger eggs, such as turkeys, peafowl, goose. I have also had a Brinsea mini II advance and Hovabator 1602N.
Well, why I wanted one was more for my button quail eggs, and I would be hatching very few of those. But then I would probably use it for chicken eggs, and I really want a couple ducks that I hatch, but I need to do a lot of convincing. So probably just button quail and chicken eggs

Back
Top Bottom