Please help me decide what to do....

Farmer Kitty

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Sep 18, 2007
Wisconsin
Moved on to figuring out Paypal.

As some of you know, I'm selling totebags made from feed bags. I placed an ad on a local TV stations market place web-site. I have a buyer. She claims to be a "Buyer" as in someone who buys things for others.

Yesterday, she sent me an email that concerned me. Here it is:
Thanks very much for your response. Am very okay with the final price and let me know if i should go ahead to mail out the payment, which i have a freight shipping company that will come for the pickup of the item and i have arrange everything in order so that there will be enough money that will cover the transaction, deduct your item money and extra $30 for your inconvenience and effort toward the transaction and get the remaining fund wire/send to the shipping company that will come for the pickup of the item.

1, can we trust you with the money?

2,will you be able to wire transfer the excess the same day you receive the check?

3,will you be available when the shipping company will Be coming for the pickup?

4, is the item is brand new?

5, can we take you for your words?

I sent her an email back stating:
I don't think this setup will work. I only want a cashier's check or money order for the price of the item. I can mail it through the regular mail or if you want it sooner and want to arrange someone to pick it up then you pay them. I will also need your name and address.

Now this morning I get an email that says:
Thank for your mail, try to understand me that am honest and trustworthy buyer who can setup any thing that will harm you okay, so the excess fund that will come along the payment you are going to receive was not my money, it's shipping company fees that they will use to come for the pickup of the item, so please consider the item sold to me and i will update you as soon as the payment sent out.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

UPDATED:
I figured it was a scam and have reported it, yesterday. The police told me as I'm out nothing they can't do anything, fine, but at least they know about it.

What I'm now worried about is today's email. She does have my address and phone number. Do I call the police again and report today's email as a threat? I hate to over react.

Last edited:
ep.gif

Smells like a scam to me
th.gif

Tell her FORGET IT !!!!

They will have you cash the check,give the extra money to the shipping comapany. Than the check will come back from a closed account. You will be out of the money that was given to the shipping company.
DIL got scammed some what like this 2 years ago.

A) This person questions your trustworthiness with money.

B) This person seems reluctant to give his/her name and address.

C) You stated in your email what your requirements for sale were and still this person persists in the transaction happening on their terms.

Walk away. I smell a rat.

I figured it was a scam and have reported it, yesterday. The police told me as I'm out nothing they can't do anything, fine, but at least they know about it.

What I'm now worried about is today's email. She does have my address and phone number. Do I call the police again and report today's email as a threat? I hate to over react.

smells like a scam to me as well...

just the writing alone gave it away...are they overseas by chance? It sounds like it..

I'd just state that you sell only in the US, period. End of story.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom