PLEASE HELP ME! Face being eaten? Beaks gone???? Help! GRAPHIC PICS!!!

Wow, that is horrible. Just last night I heard my outdoor cat screech. I let the farm dog out and went after with a flashlight and he went straight to the chickens in the barn with his nose to the ground. The cat was up in a tree. It must've been coyote or dog for the cat to be up in the tree like that. I have the chickens locked up but only in a tiny structure with just chicken wire wrapped around it. I am thinking after reading this I need to reconsider. I do know we have racoons and possums etc also.
I am curious as to what did this to your chickens. Please keep us updated and let us know if you find anything on your security cameras.
Sorry for you and your chickens.
hugs.gif

Its a POSSUM. I got home late one nite, almost dark. Chicken house door open. Possum comes running down driveway. Go to coop, nightmare horror w/o beak, eyes, front of skull gone-brain case intact. Stood there screaming. I screamed ran inside and yanked sword off wall and put her out of her misery. Then ran after possum. No luck. Recommend .22, shotgun, whatever. Hate possums. Q.

ITS A *? @ # ! ! * # POSSUM!!!! Possums climb, paw in chicken wire( CHICKEN WIRE SUCKS ) pulls head out hole in wire, eats what it can. Nose long, skinny- also fits in hole in wire. Q.

My mom suggested that it may be worms (although she knows nothing about chickens but?) I didn't see any worms etc. on the chickens, nor do I think worms can do this that fast. Last week I completely scrubbed the coops out and sprinkled some poultry dust with their shavings.... that couldnt cause anything to happen if they accidentally ate some of it? I can't see how but I'm just stumpped. Somethings not adding up

Possums huh? This stinks. But....my birds sleep at the bottom of the coop which is a good foot at least away from the window...unless they were standing by the window which is a good possibility. I already put her out of her misery
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom