Please help me SHELL-LESS eggs for 1 month

Today I saw some discharge in the vent it was white. Some feathers were sticky. Could this also be EDS or vent greet? I wil be traveling would it be a wise decision to give it to he farmer I bought it from for a while while I’m away?
probably vent gleet. Give her a warm bath, and check her for worms. Is her poop normal, or is it watery or containing undigested food?

Prepare a tub that will fit her with warm water, and using a soap that won't be harsh on her skin, scrub her infected area gently. If she likes the warm bath, let her sit in it a little longer to calm down and relax. Be there at all times or she may fall asleep from the warmth and drown.

You're not bothering me at all. I tagged the other ladies because they've been so helpful to me with so many things, shell quality and laying concerns being one of the many. They're both knowledgeable and experienced. There are other members on this thread that are knowledgeable and experienced as well.

The full crop is concerning and likely related. Is the farmer friend aware of your concerns? Are they willing to give meds or provide treatment, if necessary?

I'm so sorry. I know this is incredibly stressful especially anticipating your upcoming trip.
If the full crop is related which disease could it be?

T
If the full crop is related which disease could it be?
There are many things that could cause the crop to slow or even stall, so that's not necessarily an indication of any one certain issue, unfortunately. If she is acting OK and walking around like normal, I suspect she's OK. Other than the dirty feathers around her vent and a crop that wasn't empty this morning, how is she acting. Is she moving around fast and normal? Did she have access to food or water before you checked her crop? I wish I could be more helpful as I understand you wanting to know and begin treatment right away. I'm the same way. Did she lay an egg yesterday or today?

T

There are many things that could cause the crop to slow or even stall, so that's not necessarily an indication of any one certain issue, unfortunately. If she is acting OK and walking around like normal, I suspect she's OK. Other than the dirty feathers around her vent and a crop that wasn't empty this morning, how is she acting. Is she moving around fast and normal? Did she have access to food or water before you checked her crop? I wish I could be more helpful as I understand you wanting to know and begin treatment right away. I'm the same way. Did she lay an egg yesterday or today?
She moves around very healthily. Yes she did have access but it was oddly full I left only for 20 minutes.

Her moving around quickly is a good thing. Hopefully @azygous @Wyorp Rock or @Eggcessive will have a moment to offer their thoughts on this. Just to be on the safe side, do you have access to any broad spectrum antibiotics? I don't feel like she needs them right now, but if you have them on hand, that'd be great. It's always something that is good to have in your first aid kit. When do you leave for your trip?

Good suggestion with an antibiotic, since she may have a reproductive infection. Amoxicillin (fish mox online and in some feed stores) is good. Baytril (enrofloxacin) is sometimes prescribed for this, but it is banned for chickens in the US, although some still use it in a crisis. Crop disorders can result from reproductive issues or infection. Runny poops or messy butts can be a result of either.

Good suggestion with an antibiotic, since she may have a reproductive infection. Amoxicillin (fish mox online and in some feed stores) is good. Baytril (enrofloxacin) is sometimes prescribed for this, but it is banned for chickens in the US, although some still use it in a crisis. Crop disorders can result from reproductive issues or infection. Runny poops or messy butts can be a result of either.
Should I give her the medicine?

Back
Top Bottom