Please help me...

Mirandadevin

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 25, 2011
Hey again everybody. I woke up this morning to my ducks inside my house (they are outdoor ducks) and they wouldn't leave. Finally, my mom and I managed to get them outside. They continued to freak out of nothing by quacking loudly and running around wildly. I'm not sure what's wrong, but whenever I hold them and tell them everything is okay, they seem to calm down almost immediately. Today, however I pick up one of them and she calmed down but then turned around and pecked at my neck... I don't know if there is something wrong and as my first two ducks I just don't know what to do. Please help me...

They are normally walking around in our yard and that was my first thought. I looked around and there is nothing out there.

Do they have a protected place? Or are they outdoors where predators could get them? They need a secure place especially at night. By secure, I mean, half inch wire fence, sturdy door or gate, something across the top to prevent an animal from coming in from above, some kind of way to keep things from digging under the fence.

Last night we had a visitor - probably a raccoon, and the ducks were rather agitated this morning.

Predators kill many, many ducks. Please keep them in a safe place.

i lost 6 of my ducklings to a huge rat, it broke my heart, its best to keep them safe at night, they're so defenceless
sad.png

Did you brood them inside the house? I know my ducks will often wander inside given the chance when the door is left open. being that they were raised inside- they remember where the bathroom is- and usually wander in there or the lounge room where they would have spent most of their time growing up. They do need somewhere safe at night though as the others have said.

Back
Top Bottom