PLEASE HELP ME~

WESTPALMPOULTRYMAN15

In the Brooder
12 Years
Dec 30, 2007
WPB FLORIDA
hi i have an importannt qwestion how can i keep my chiken waterer clen my chikaroos keep kicking hay into it and it absorbs all the water and i live in florida were it is extremly hot but i have a small fan going on them but i know they need clen water any ideas???? thank you

We usually put the waterer up on something, a block of wood or I even have a large waterer for the grown hens inside the coop, up on a concrete block. They just jump onto the block of wood or concrete block and get their drinks and it keeps the waterer clean. good luck.

Yes...i see, well i had the same problem until i put a brick or cube shaped peice of wood under my waterer. Then it was high enough for them not to throw hay or whatever in it.
(make sure the waterer is not to low and not to high...it should be as high as there chest area.

Yep - raise it up on a concrete block OR if it is the right type, hang it if possible.

I like the hanging kind- that seems to work really well when there are shavings involved to kick into the water.

I don't know how old your chicks are or how tall but I had to buy a large hanging waterer to get mine to stay clean. Your chicks have to be tall enough to reach it though. Mine stays clean now because they cannot kick the debris into it.
Hope this helps. When they were younger I made a little walk with bricks (to get it higher than the pine chips, hay etc.) they had to use and it worked great.
Good Luck!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom