Please help meeeee!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brallian

Hatching
8 Years
Jan 15, 2012
Ok well i have these two ducks which i bought when they where ducklings and now there near full grown. when i bought them i never thought of what i would do with them when they grow up like my parents did say i had to let them go but i still said ok because i wanted them soooo bad. well now there grown up and my ducks are white and my parent said i had to let them go at a national park, but all the ducks at the naional park ar like wild ducks and there like greenish brown. So they would not blend in!!
And after i read the other issues on ducks that were realised i nearly cried :((
I know they will die or get like bashed by the wild ducks or even starve!!!
Please help me i dont want them to die and i cant keep them i have no idea what to do?? :(( :(( :((

Ok well i have these two ducks which i bought when they where ducklings and now there near full grown. when i bought them i never thought of what i would do with them when they grow up like my parents did say i had to let them go but i still said ok because i wanted them soooo bad. well now there grown up and my ducks are white and my parent said i had to let them go at a national park, but all the ducks at the naional park ar like wild ducks and there like greenish brown. So they would not blend in!!
And after i read the other issues on ducks that were realised i nearly cried :((
I know they will die or get like bashed by the wild ducks or even starve!!!
Please help me i dont want them to die and i cant keep them i have no idea what to do?? :(( :(( :((

Let's start with where are you located????? What breed of duck are they?????? If you don't know then maybe try and upload a picture so we can figure this out together! We need to see if it is even legl to let them go in a park where you are?

Last edited:
Firstly - You are doing the right thing by being concerned. Your parents are very naughty and should have never suggested releasing them into the wild.

You are showing maturity beyond your years and you deserve to be given a pat on the back. It will hard enough for you to say goodbye to your duckies.

Kevin565's suggestion about craigslist was a good one. How about posting up a flyer at your local shop? Or maybe someone on here can help you if you are able to post your location (which your parents may not like).

Best of luck and big hugs from me
hugs.gif

welcome-byc.gif

I really would encourage you NOT to put them in a park. They are not wild ducks and not capable of surviving like one. Craigslist is an excellent avenue. Or post in the auction section here on BYC..

Where are you located? (what state.)

How about a local buy or sell paper, ours here is called "The Pennysaver", it has a farm and garden section. The ads are pretty cheap, some are even free.

Again, thanks for doing the right thing and coming to BYC for help. ;)

welcome-byc.gif

I really would encourage you NOT to put them in a park. They are not wild ducks and not capable of surviving like one. Craigslist is an excellent avenue. Or post in the auction section here on BYC..

Where are you located? (what state.)

X2!! Let us know if we can help any at all.

And:
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
Where are you located? What state? There are many people on here that might be close enough and willing to take them. Also tell your parents to help you look for a rescue/humane society near you, many will take in domesticated ducks.

Have you told your parents these are domesticated and will not make it in the wild?

Oh wow, sounds like you have some pekins on your handed. Pekins are a domesticated duck and therefore cannot be released into the wild. They can't fly so they'd be stuck there all winter because they can't migrate. Why won't your parents let you keep them? Ducks are not something you buy just because there cute when there babies you have to think about the long run. I'm glad to come to BYC for help, shows maturity. Have you ever tried kijiji? It's how I sell most of my ducks. You could also give them to a farm maybe. Is there any reason why you can't keep them? Space issues? You seem to have enough responisiblity to take care of them. Maybe try to convince your parents that you can. Tell them about all the stuff you've leaned, maybe that can convince them.

No offense, but are you for real?

Why would you have ducklings, raise them and then know nothing how to take care of them as adults?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom