Please help meeeee!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense, but are you for real?

Why would you have ducklings, raise them and then know nothing how to take care of them as adults?
DING DING DING DING!! Exactly what I though!

Also, I'm a teenager and I have never bought ANY animal/bird that I havn't done research on. Doesn't matter what it is. Most of the people on here that get ducklings are kids that parents let them get them because they beg and say they are so cute and blah blah blah then once they start getting bigger they don't want them anymore. I have nothing more to say since I will be blasted by the mods for saying the truth.

Last edited:
Poor kid! She posted because she had already acknowledged her mistake ... I hope she didn't get scared away. I think we have all had to learn some things the hard way, especially when we were young. But good for you, OP, for trying to make the best of it. It seems to me that she deserves to be encouraged for studying up on the release of tame birds and trying to find another option. I can't really add to the re-homing suggestions as it seems the best avenues have already been mentioned (Craigslist, local buy/sell/ trade paper or BYC buy/sale/trade.) Good luck. And if you can, letting us know what state you are in may be helpful!

DING DING DING DING!! Exactly what I though!

Also, I'm a teenager and I have never bought ANY animal/bird that I havn't done research on. Doesn't matter what it is. Most of the people on here that get ducklings are kids that parents let them get them because they beg and say they are so cute and blah blah blah then once they start getting bigger they don't want them anymore. I have nothing more to say since I will be blasted by the mods for saying the truth.

It is a fact that teenagers can not process consequences or think in the long term. My fiancé took psychology, and she made that very clear to me. I was not the same person as a teenager that I am today.

I do not judge the teenager posting this, but more so the parents for thinking my child was able to understand this in the first place. I’m sure she did not know when she got her ducklings that they would die when released. I’m positive the parents would not have said that to her.

I think this is sad on the parents part for not requiring this kid to learn what it means to take care of an animal. Now they have 2 ducks that may get dumped in the lake or river. Seems they really didn't come through as teaching this child the value of life and what it means to take on the responsibility of an animal.

It is not the kid with no value of life! It's her parents making her get rid of them! She doesn't want to dump them! They are her pets! The parents are the idiots here not her!

Brallian,
If you are out there watching and reading all the critism from people that clearly did not read your original post, which shows you have done your research and don't want to dump your duckies, then please respond to one of us that is actually trying to help you! You have done nothing wrong! Asking for help shows just how mature you are in fact! Some of us actually want to help you so please feel free to contact us and we will point you in the right direction! So sorry this is happening to you and your ducks!

Brallian,

Another place you can call is your local Cooperative Extension office. Ask to speak with the 4-H Agent, and ask if there are any 4-H'ers in your county who would be willing to take your pets for a poultry project.

It is not the kid with no value of life! It's her parents making her get rid of them! She doesn't want to dump them! They are her pets! The parents are the idiots here not her!
If you'll please reread what I posted I did not say the op didn't know the value of life, I said the parents didn't teach him/her. And I went back and read the first post in which she/he says My parents told me I would have to get rid of them but I still said okay. so she/he knew what was the end for these ducklings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom