PLEASE HELP my chick will not move

Here she is in the brooder away from the others all she will do is sleep I have a heating pad under her and there is food and water but will she get sad being away from her friends thanks for your help

i checked her over and she had some mushy thing on her beck that was hanging there but i got that off i think it may have been wet food but her crop is mushy and i give them chick grit what is wrong with her photos are on the way

3FBFD745-8589-4F49-AECD-A1628612B449.jpeg E61A8188-6CFF-4C10-B3B5-583F10E94457.jpeg 3BB763C4-FC1E-430F-A0F8-25481B47BF2E.jpeg

ok so someone told me that the chick might have sour crop and they told me torub her crop give her yogurt and water well i did not have the yogurt so i just started to rub her crop and water came out of her mouth what does this mean

i checked her over and she had some mushy thing on her beck that was hanging there but i got that off i think it may have been wet food but her crop is mushy and i give them chick grit what is wrong with her photos are on the way

Mushy on her back or stuck around her vent? Like pasty butt maybe? If she was clogged up from pasty butt, that could definitely cause her to be sluggish. Keep a check on that, if that's what you meant.

Thanks for all of y’all help she died last night I still have no idea what it could be but I’m going to keep a eye on the other chicks thanks for your help

Thanks for all of y’all help she died last night I still have no idea what it could be but I’m going to keep a eye on the other chicks thanks for your help

I'm sorry to hear she didn't make it:hugs

If you still have her body, it would be a good idea to send her to your state lab for testing, this will give you more information as to what happened. You can find a list of state labs here: https://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_health/nahln/downloads/all_nahln_lab_list.pdf

Back
Top Bottom