(Please help) My chicken is gasping and has foam coming out her mouth

Two of my chickens ate screws and nails and died. I did an autopsy to see what happened. I bought this property three years ago and found out that the previous owner did car repair for many years and did not treat the land with respect. I am still finding screws, nails, broken windshield glass, bolts, washers, broken plastic and metal from car parts, etc. My other chickens don't eat this trash. I'm wondering if your chicken ate something that is lodged somewhere.

Two of my chickens ate screws and nails and died. I did an autopsy to see what happened. I bought this property three years ago and found out that the previous owner did car repair for many years and did not treat the land with respect. I am still finding screws, nails, broken windshield glass, bolts, washers, broken plastic and metal from car parts, etc. My other chickens don't eat this trash. I'm wondering if your chicken ate something that is lodged somewhere.
Hopefully that's not what's making her sick, I try to keep the yard free of junk like broken glass and small screws and plastic as much as I can.
For airsacculitis I have some antibiotics, which one would you recommend from these?

Oxytetracycline HCL

117344090_2610919695836300_6614104620191929655_n.jpg

Tetracycline HCL

117258672_2688011824791164_912255379000068101_n.jpg

Duramycin-10

121337524247-0.jpg

I tried denagard and gallimycin but they haven't fixed her symptoms.

117719689_751703008996124_5770498349795034724_n.jpg
117444903_318690889280693_2289148671340059021_n.jpg

It is in the genetics of the chicken. Hoq long has then been going on?
It's been a few years since she's been showing these symptoms.

Thank you very much for the advice everyone.

Wishing you the best with your girl. I have a Buff Orpington that breaths in a way that always scares me, especially when she's picked up or it's hot. I thought it was because she's so big (not over weight at all) and heavily feathered. She's always the first one to start panting and anytime it's hot, I can expect to hear her make a noise from breathing occasionally. My other birds don't do this. She still runs around and does all chicken things, so I've just kept an eye on her. Following this and keeping you and your beautiful girl in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks a lot, but I don't have the medicine they recommended. What would you recommend from the ones I haven't tried yet from the pictures above? Thank you.
Wishing you the best with your girl. I have a Buff Orpington that breaths in a way that always scares me, especially when she's picked up or it's hot. I thought it was because she's so big (not over weight at all) and heavily feathered. She's always the first one to start panting and anytime it's hot, I can expect to hear her make a noise from breathing occasionally. My other birds don't do this. She still runs around and does all chicken things, so I've just kept an eye on her. Following this and keeping you and your beautiful girl in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you very much. I hope we can both get our poor hens to 100% health. If it's something that can't go away then I hope it doesn't make them suffer or decrease their lifespan.

Back
Top Bottom