Please Help! My hen is very sick!

I don't know, because her feathers are covering her behind. These are the pics I managed to get
20190509_190226.jpg
20190509_190334.jpg

Yes, she does...I gave her a bath because she was dirty and I thought it might help her feel better. She's only had it since she got sick, so...a few weeks? Yes, I can, and I will do that as soon as humanly possible. Her skin looked okay when I checked her vent today, but cleaning her up will help confirm that. It's a bit late, so I will see if I can give her a bath tomorrow morning. Hopefully she'll be okay until then...

When you wash her you can clip those feathers too, it will be easier to see and much easier to clean; I haven’t had an egg bound hen or anything like that but over the years I have had two get flystrike and it started with a poopy bum, I didn’t even know that could happen! Check for injuries or discolouration

When you wash her you can clip those feathers too, it will be easier to see and much easier to clean; I haven’t had an egg bound hen or anything like that but over the years I have had two get flystrike and it started with a poopy bum, I didn’t even know that could happen! Check for injuries or discolouration
Okay, I'm afraid to clip them because she doesn't like holding still and chances are, I'll be doing it alone. I will still try though. I will check and maybe take a few pictures because I've never had something like this before. (I mean, I've had an egg-bound hen, but never something that could be internal laying.)

Back
Top Bottom