Please Help! Raccoon Problem!!! Click Here!!!!!!!!

If it moves, my dogs will kill it, which is why they are not allowed around my chickens. We don't have raccoons here (yet) but the dogs would have a field day.

Are you able to use electric poultry netting? That's how I keep mine safe from the dogs. One zap on the nose, and even my GSDs won't go back. Keeps bears, pine martins and fishers out, too, but hardly phases the chickens. Their feathers insulate them from most of the shock.

What if you sprinkle something spicy around. Like chili spices or something that will irritate their eyes and nose. A pepper spray motion detector. Idk if that exists but I’m sure it would work.

What if you sprinkle something spicy around. Like chili spices or something that will irritate their eyes and nose. A pepper spray motion detector. Idk if that exists but I’m sure it would work.
Raccoons love Cajun and Mexican style chicken. They will appreciate the condiments.

Build Ft. Knox immediately! And live trap only if you can shoot them, or spend the money on a pest control company. You still need Ft. Knox, for the next group that will show up.
Electric fencing, or electric poultry netting, work very well, if legal where you live.
Raccoons are the pits!!!
Mary

Some folks would consider it cruel but nature can be just as cruel.

I don't think it's cruel. My dogs do the same and team up on raccoons and ground hogs. One grabs the back of the neck, the other the haunches, they yank and apparently break the neck. It's usually all over in seconds, except the carrying around and gloating part, which goes on for quite awhile, lol.

Raccoons are digging under our chicken coop! Yes, raccoons. :mad: :he:he:he:he:rant:rant:rant:rantDarn raccoons!!!! They have been extremely persistent. What are fairly cheap products that you use that are affective raccoon repellents? ANY INFO WILL BE WELCOMED, AND APPRECIATED!!!!!
Thanks in advance!!!
You can try to shoot them or trap them. Also what type of set up do you have in your coop you may have to a dig a whole a feet from the coop and put rocks underneath or cover them with run wire on the floor so raccoons don't try to break in or double lock your door with 2 double locks.

Back
Top Bottom