Please help sexing these young Isbars...Thanks

All Roosters
smile.png

I am not convinced of the boy-ness of the bunch. Allyn could you please let us know how old these guys are? Isbars are very rare (as in $99/unsexed chick) ever in the States so I/we are not super experienced in the sexing. More info would be greatly appreciated!

Top picture, 4th chicken furthest back is a hen. 2nd pic is a hen.

I paid no attention to comb and wattles. Based my decision on the v shaped tail feathers. From pictures I've seen on net of Isbars that indicates pullets.

I'm a rookie at breed and gender guessing. I read and compare pictures. As always, wait for the more experienced users. That's my 2 cents.

Thanks for all your efforts. They are about 3 and a half months old.

Thanks for all your efforts. They are about 3 and a half months old.

So that would make them 14 weeks or so. There are a few breeds that are near point of lay at 14 weeks. So are all of these chicks from a single order and do you have others that you are not showing us (I see a blue or black one lurking in one picture with far less comb development)? If you have many of the same age, it may be helpful for us to make guesses if we see the whole set for comparison, since you have an unusual breed many have never seen. Very pretty chooks!

I will take new and better pictures and post. Thanks for you efforts

With the orange color I would say they are all males. I could be wrong because I have never observed that color in a hen. My splash hens are blue and white, period.

My rooster doesn't have any of the orange coloring either.

If you go to Feathersite here : http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGD/Isbar/BRKIsbar.html you can see pictures of Isbars with the orange coloring. The splash hen shown on feathersite appears to have a bit of orange too.

I am not good at sexing birds and am often wrong on my own birds. That is why I don't do it for anyone else's.

Back
Top Bottom