Please Help.. She is getting worse, looked like Vent Prolapse

Could there be an egg inside the prolapse? It looks egg shaped. This can happen in some prolapses. If there is an egg, you would need to try to find the vent opening to try and massage it out. I hope that you can help her.
Please, whatever you do, do NOT cut into the prolapse tissue to free the egg if there is one. If there's an egg, you will feel a hard lump instead of all soft tissue.

I had a hen this summer with a prolapse. I poked it back in every day and put preparation H on it to bring down the inflammation. It took a long time, about 6 weeks, before it finally stayed in. It would be good if you could give her a break from laying by isolating her and putting her in a dark area for a while.

I’ll post more updates in the morning,
But I got the PrepH and WH Wipes to keep her clean
No luck so far with pushing it back in, I’m keeping the tissues lubricated and the PrepH seems to be helping already, she was able to pass some poop after I applied it
So far she seems in stable conditions, walks around, grooming herself and looking for food....
Ii addd vitamins and electrolytes to the water and she is really hungry but I’m holding up the food until the poop situation gets better ,
@Stefrrr Thank you for your suggestions!!

I think it's ill-advised to restrict her food. She will need her strength and nutrients for her guts to work properly. I'd feed her as much as she wants and make sure she gets extra calcium.

My chicken was produced to pack like this it was only for 5 minutes so I don't have a cure for you but I do feel you're worry I remember when buttercup got that I probably could have raced her to the avian vet the minute I saw it sorry I don't really know what to do for you though because I haven't experienced it as long as you have and I didn't have to cure it.

Back
Top Bottom