Please help sick silkie

asopos

In the Brooder
Sep 6, 2016
ı have a 5-6 month old silkie (she doesnt lay egss yet) and I noticed she would sit in her home and didnt join the other hens so I took her home. She doesnt want to move and drinks water without a problem. But she doesnt eat. Her poop is approximately normal color but watery. She also breathes through her mouth.

ı have a 5-6 month old silkie (she doesnt lay egss yet) and I noticed she would sit in her home and didnt join the other hens so I took her home. She doesnt want to move and drinks water without a problem. But she doesnt eat. Her poop is approximately normal color but watery. She also breathes through her mouth.
Can you upload a video to youtube then provide us link?

I am a bit confused - do you mean the pullet is sitting all day in the nesting box or coop, but now you have her inside your home?
How long have you had her?
Photos of the poop would be good.
How does her crop feel? Is it hard, soft, squishy, etc.?
Does she have any gurgling, coughing, sneezing, watery eyes, mucous, etc.?
How warm is it where you are keeping her?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get a starting point of her symptoms so we can better understand and hopefully help you figure this out.

Can you upload a video to youtube then provide us link?

I am a bit confused - do you mean the pullet is sitting all day in the nesting box or coop, but now you have her inside your home?
How long have you had her?
Photos of the poop would be good.
How does her crop feel? Is it hard, soft, squishy, etc.?
Does she have any gurgling, coughing, sneezing, watery eyes, mucous, etc.?
How warm is it where you are keeping her?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get a starting point of her symptoms so we can better understand and hopefully help you figure this out.

Her crop is soft since she hasnt been eating lately. I fed her food with water a bit. And her eyes are normal.there is no coughing and mucous. She doesn’t seem to sneeze either. We are keeping her at room temperatures (inside the house) the poop is not foamy or weird colors just really watery (I assume because she hasnt been eating.) she drinks on her own but doesn’t move besides standing up or turning around. She breathes from her mouth.

I
Re-check her crop first thing in the morning before she has had anything to eat or drink, it should be empty.

Breathing from her mouth sounds like she's panting.

Can you take her to the vet?

I cant because its not common to have pet chickens in my country so they always( even the vet )always kill the chicken for meat when its sick. Is there any advice you can give besides taking her to the vet?

It's hard to know what's causing her symptoms.

The breathing hard can be from a lot of things - since her crop is soft and not empty in the mornings, that would be a good place to start.

Photos of the poop and of your chicken would be good.

It's hard to know what's causing her symptoms.

The breathing hard can be from a lot of things - since her crop is soft and not empty in the mornings, that would be a good place to start.

Photos of the poop and of your chicken would be good.

Attachments

• DF881091-7742-4640-B322-61EC8B8F74B5.jpeg
    DF881091-7742-4640-B322-61EC8B8F74B5.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 61C91D21-2F53-40C7-B93C-8D03C7C4BCB6.jpeg
    61C91D21-2F53-40C7-B93C-8D03C7C4BCB6.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 8
I

I cant because its not common to have pet chickens in my country so they always( even the vet )always kill the chicken for meat when its sick. Is there any advice you can give besides taking her to the vet?
That’s horrible, i would hate the vets their! It’s like your SUPPOSED to SAVE the animal!

Back
Top Bottom