PLEASE HELP WHATS WRONG WITH MY ROOSTER?! is he suffering??

He is on his feet, so his body language is telling me he is possibly ill, fatigued, and probably depressed.

When a rooster takes a severe beating or even suffers an attack from a predator (had this happen, too), they suffer emotionally. There will be a loss of confidence, and in the days to follow, he may be fearful, but, he can heal from this too.

Take a look at this sweet video, about a rooster.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6JZlsQwW2Q

He is on his feet, so his body language is telling me he is possibly ill, fatigued, and probably depressed.

When a rooster takes a severe beating or even suffers an attack from a predator (had this happen, too), they suffer emotionally. There will be a loss of confidence, and in the days to follow, he may be fearful, but, he can heal from this too.

I agree-his body language he is not feeling well at all-I feel that he is most likely injured, he needs to be separated out with his own food/water.
@Hen Pen Jem has given you a good detailed care plan on the previous page.

Thank you so much, what an inspiring video thank you!

Get some Poultry Cell or NutriDrench, and give him 3 ml daily into his beak or mixed into a small treat, such as scrambled egg mixed with a tsp of plain yogurt. He looks to have wry neck from his injuries, and the black scabs are dried blood from the fight. The vitamin E and selenium in the vitamins may help.
I would follow previous advice about separating and treating him. Just realize that roosters will fight, and even though I love them, I cannot keep more than one or two in my flock, or someone will be hurt.

update on bear- after a good nights sleep this morning he has some egg, lettuce, water and chicken food. he is crowing as well.
IMG_3049.JPG

Good to see.

I have a rooster who was perpetually on the bottom of the pecking order. I separated him to let him heal up and eventually moved him in with a flock of pullets so he could get his confidence back. Now he holds his head and tail high, and exhibits normal rooster behavior. But he and his girls are far enough from everybody else that the other Roos aren’t able to remind him that he’s the low man at our place.

Rooster confidence matters. Chicken psychology.

Back
Top Bottom