Please Help! Worried! Peking Duck brooding behavior advice

Are you seeing any air cell?

933a5eb4d9faafcb7515148d8302e0e8.jpg

Day 26-27 the light yellow is where the air cell is.
Nothing obvious. However the conditions were not ideal. If there was an air cell, it was very little at the top. I think we are going to try again next time she gets off the nest. Maybe have another pair of eyes to view too.

Nothing obvious. However the conditions were not ideal. If there was an air cell, it was very little at the top. I think we are going to try again next time she gets off the nest. Maybe have another pair of eyes to view too.

Would the air cell be as obvious as the pictures you attached? Definitely nothing that obvious

If you can get a pic with egg laying on its side with light at fat end?
She hasn’t gotten off her nest since I received your reply above. As soon as she does I will try that. I thought surely she would get off by now. It’s been since Wednesday evening (from 3:30 until 5:00) since she was off. I have no idea what’s going on. I’m extra concerned because we are scheduled to leave town on Monday.

Following.. Just found my Cayuga duck on 12 eggs and one of my Pekins on 15 (+2 banty chicken eggs!) All are viable and at least halfway incubated, confirmed by candling last night. Their nests are in separate parts of the property and well hidden in brush - it's only a fluke that I found them. I'll transfer them to boxes closer to hatch time but yikes!

She hasn’t gotten off her nest since I received your reply above. As soon as she does I will try that. I thought surely she would get off by now. It’s been since Wednesday evening (from 3:30 until 5:00) since she was off. I have no idea what’s going on. I’m extra concerned because we are scheduled to leave town on Monday.
Maybe hatch has started? Go an listen you may hear peeping. Can you lift her front up so you can peek?

Last edited:
Maybe hatch has started? Go an listen you may hear peeping. Can you lift her front up so you can peek?
Mama duck just got off the nest to clean. The eggs do not appear to be cracking. There are still 10 eggs. We brought 5 in the house and there seems to be an air cell in all 5. I originally found her sitting on eggs on June 9th (33 days ago). It is possible that she was still laying I guess. (?) There was not a “rotten” egg smell at all

Mama duck just got off the nest to clean. The eggs do not appear to be cracking. There are still 10 eggs. We brought 5 in the house and there seems to be an air cell in all 5. I originally found her sitting on eggs on June 9th (33 days ago). It is possible that she was still laying I guess. (?) There was not a “rotten” egg smell at all

Didn’t hear any peeping

Back
Top Bottom