Please help!

I don’t see anything abnormal. But it might just be the picture. Sometimes when they are wet they look more bald than they really are. Is she wet at all in the picture. I can’t tell. How old is she?
She is not wet in the photo. She's a year and a couple months or so. She's stopped laying also after the raccoon incident

I once had a pair of geese who grew very old together. They were just named Mister and Missus. One night a raccoon got into their fence and Mister was just so old that he didn't have a chance. Missus pined and, despite being in otherwise good health, died a few months later.

She may recover. But, even if she doesn't, it's a love story. I sure hope she gets back to feeling like herself.

I once had a pair of geese who grew very old together. They were just named Mister and Missus. One night a raccoon got into their fence and Mister was just so old that he didn't have a chance. Missus pined and, despite being in otherwise good health, died a few months later.

She may recover. But, even if she doesn't, it's a love story. I sure hope she gets back to feeling like herself.
You think it's a result of a broken heart? I hope not :( I got the little one as fast as I could for her! We even went on a road trip to the feed store for a new pool and treats! I never left her alone after her mate died! I tried to keep her busy:(

You think it's a result of a broken heart? I hope not :( I got the little one as fast as I could for her! We even went on a road trip to the feed store for a new pool and treats! I never left her alone after her mate died! I tried to keep her busy:(
As good as you are to her, I'm sure she'll be feeling better in no time. Like others said, maybe it's just time to molt.
(mister and missus were together for eight years here on my farm, and I was given them from someone who was getting rid of them because... They were old. It may well have been that age got the best of missus, but I'll never believe it)

Have faith and speak the good things into fruition! Of course keep us updated. She really is a gorgeous girl. Do you know what breed she is?
I believe she is a Saxony duck. I found her on Craigslist. The guy I got her from said she was "something blue" he couldn't remember but we all know "blue" in animal terms is black lol did a little googling and that's what I found out. :) she always has something to say and laughs all the time. She's the best first duck ever. I don't think I could ever replace her!

Back
Top Bottom