Please help!

8ponygirl9

Chirping
Jan 23, 2018
727248CD-9B77-49F5-9025-DA9664CB93E4.jpeg
hi there I have a big concern with my favorite duck! She seems to be losing a lot of feathers very quickly!!! Just around her head and neck area!!! It has been pretty hot here in Colorado but she's always got water and food. There's two baby pools and one large pond she hangs out in. She recently lost her mate to a raccoon attack. About a day or two later I brought home a 5 week old duckling to keep her company as she was the only one after the loss of her mate. Is she sick? I’m very worried about her!! Thank you

Last edited:
Have faith and speak the good things into fruition! Of course keep us updated. She really is a gorgeous girl. Do you know what breed she is?
I believe she is a Saxony duck. I found her on Craigslist. The guy I got her from said she was "something blue" he couldn't remember but we all know "blue" in animal terms is black lol did a little googling and that's what I found out. :) she always has something to say and laughs all the time. She's the best first duck ever. I don't think I could ever replace her!

How do her and your new duck do together?

If she is molting which that is what it looks like you can offer her extra protein to help her through it, dried meal worms good quality cat or dog kibble [small enough she can swallow easily.]

What are you feeding them?

I'm feeding them a high end egg laying kibble. More expensive then the others I saw. Never knew they could have dog and cat food but she used to eat it when she'd come in and help herself to the food! I'll do that thank you! The new baby and her are getting along fantastically! I got an older duckling this time because when I got her mate at 3 days old she was really mean to the baby. This intro went way more smoothly!

I don’t see anything abnormal. But it might just be the picture. Sometimes when they are wet they look more bald than they really are. Is she wet at all in the picture. I can’t tell. How old is she?
She is not wet in the photo. She's a year and a couple months or so. She's stopped laying also after the raccoon incident

Back
Top Bottom