PLEASE HELP!!

chickster2012

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 7, 2012
Dawsonville, GA
I have a Dark Brahma she is very sick. First I thought she had some how hurt her leg. I left her in the coop a day I went to check on her today and she smells rotten picked her up and her belly is black like the worse bruise you have ever seen. I can't find anything that has her symptoms online. Someone told me to give her a little caster oil. I also gave her a shot of antibiotics and soaked her in a worm bath of epson salt. She won't eat or drink. Can someone tell what is wrong with my little girl and what else I can do to save her. I have seperated her from the others. Please help
Angela

u should try giving her her favourite food or treats, it seems to work for mine. how cold is it? if its really cold maybe you should consider bringing her inside until she gets better. take her to a vet if it's possible.

Sounds a little bit like Marek's. One of mine that died from Marek's had a swollen belly that turned bluish black like that. Sorry, I hope it is not that for you.

She needs to be inside where it's warm. I'm no expert, but I would say that a blue/black belly is a sign of internal bleeding or infection. If it's bleeding, and the bleeding has stopped, she might live if she hasn't lost too much blood. Is her comb still nice and red? If she has an internal infection, you might be able to save her with a very strong antibiotic like Baytril. Your best bet would be to take her to a vet, but I understand if that's not an option. Can you post pictures of her?

Here is a picture of her. She is inside. She will no longer open her eyes good. She wont move.

Back
Top Bottom