Please Help

Ashley Trower

Hatching
6 Years
May 1, 2013
Missouri
Okay I need help determining the breed of my duck !( Its my Profile picture) because im going to order some duck harness diapers. Also I did have ducklings and they spent teir first night ouside ad it was all good then during the day while I was at work something I guess got n the big cage andkilled three of them. So now I just have The one in the picture ( sunny Mcduckerton) and hes gunna live in my room. But I was just wondering if ducks can be tramatized and if so what should I do to consol my poor ducky.Any suggestins on anything would be greatly appreciated..thank you

Okay I need help determining the breed of my duck !( Its my Profile picture) because im going to order some duck harness diapers. Also I did have ducklings and they spent teir first night ouside ad it was all good then during the day while I was at work something I guess got n the big cage andkilled three of them. So now I just have The one in the picture ( sunny Mcduckerton) and hes gunna live in my room. But I was just wondering if ducks can be tramatized and if so what should I do to consol my poor ducky.Any suggestins on anything would be greatly appreciated..thank you
So sorry for the loss of your ducklings, we can't say it enough how important it is to make sure what ever you keep your flock in is as safe as it can be because predators never give up. Your duckling doesn't look like a Pekin because from what I can see it looks like it has some other coloring on it's feathers, can you get a better pic in better lighting? and yes they can be tramatized poor thing has been through a lot, my first suggestion would be to get it another duckling, they do so much better if they have one of their own to snuggle with and run around with. They are very dependent on one another, you'll have to spend a lot of time with one duckling to make it happy. they are flock animals and like flocks. Hoping you'll decide to find another ducklings is myand first rec. but until you do decide whats best for your baby give it a stuffed animals to cuddle with and if you can find one of those bird mirrors they have for parrots that would be nice to put into it's brooder. make sure it has no sharp edges. and lots of out side time they need plenty of day light and running around time to be healthy. And
welcome-byc.gif

So sorry for the loss of your ducklings, we can't say it enough how important it is to make sure what ever you keep your flock in is as safe as it can be because predators never give up. Your duckling doesn't look like a Pekin because from what I can see it looks like it has some other coloring on it's feathers, can you get a better pic in better lighting? and yes they can be tramatized poor thing has been through a lot, my first suggestion would be to get it another duckling, they do so much better if they have one of their own to snuggle with and run around with. They are very dependent on one another, you'll have to spend a lot of time with one duckling to make it happy. they are flock animals and like flocks. Hoping you'll decide to find another ducklings is myand first rec. but until you do decide whats best for your baby give it a stuffed animals to cuddle with and if you can find one of those bird mirrors they have for parrots that would be nice to put into it's brooder. make sure it has no sharp edges. and lots of out side time they need plenty of day light and running around time to be healthy. And
welcome-byc.gif

Agreed. so sorry for your loss.

Last edited:
thank you but I will try to get a better picture uploaded. It has got bigger now and im going to get another as soon as a can does I matter tho about th age cause this one is about seven inches tall now and I would get a baby.. and he does go outside in a more secure pin everyday with a baby pool ive been feeding him pees tho he seems to like them is that good? an thank you fo replying a really appreciate your help..

Back
Top Bottom