Please Hold My Hand

yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

My eggs came just a few minutes ago!!
I'm letting them 'rest' before they go in the bator....we are so excited!
I'm not as nervous as I was, will just watch and wait....he he he
I say this and you can ask tomorrow, may be a different answer!
he.gif

I've got my temps settled, and the humidity is working...course it was really climbing yesterday and the day before, because it was so humid outside....i/e thus came the tornado's!
Soooo.....best wishes your way...
The shipping of my eggs were perfect! they were all safe and sound but two, P.O. did that a little dent....she sent 2 doz. instead of the 15 I paid for!! God bless her!
love.gif

I've got black, and white, and I think splash...can't remember exactly will check when putting them in the bator.
(Silkies, that is)
It's supposed to be around 50 today, so the eggs should have had a lovely warm trip...2 days of 70's...
EGGCITED!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Edited to add: Thank you bamachicken

Last edited by a moderator:
I put my very first batch of eggs in my borrowed incubator on Saturday, the 1st. I'm nervous as heck, as I don't think I'm being as careful as you guys humidity wise. I just have a little sensor my husband bought from Sears, when he bought our humidifier. I'm not sure how accurate it is, and I couldn't find anything else at Walmart. I'm going to try and go back today and ask someone. It was reading 60% at first...so now I'm worried that may cause problems. It's down now, to the "comfort zone" which is 50%.

I borrowed a Brower top hatch from a friend. She was explaining to me over the phone how to set everything up, and her husband dropped it off after work one day. My husband got it all set up when I was in town one day, so I don't know how the darn thing actually "works" besides just plugging it in. The one I was looking to buy is the same brand, but I thought for sure that one had a fan. I don't see, or feel a fan on this one, so I hope I'm okay temp wise. My friend just said to set it, add some water, and keep an eye on the temp...and then I see everyone being so careful here
barnie.gif
gig.gif
Of course, everyone here prolly has better hatch rates too
smile.png

I haven't posted my own post yet, just because I'm too worried about failure right now, and the fact that I'm probably not being a good "bator mom" with my humidity questions.

On a side note; I got too excited today, and candled the one lone white egg I have-from my golden spangled hamburg hen. I did see what I believe was some veining...so I'm trying not to be too happy, but I couldn't help but get a big grin on my face
gig.gif

jumpy.gif

Hi,
I'm trying to be careful...but this is my first 'hatch' I grew up on a dairy farm (my dad was a pastor of an Indian Mission church about 30 minutes away) and mostly we just let the 'mommy's' take care of them....so this is all new to me! Plus my children are thrilled!
My husband was awful bright-eyed this morning when the package came! (he tries to act so dignified! LOL)
fl.gif
Hatching prayers are sent your way...keep us updated!

chickens003.jpg

These are one box of my eggs! So excited!

I think I would like to raise Aracauna's /Americaunas too!

I'm already feeling braver!
woot.gif

ParsonsWife, I'll get some pictures,all I have is just eggs in an incubator. When I get chicks look out, hope the band with will handel it.
smile.png

Those are nice sized eggs, mine are about the color of the second row on the left and darker.
I'm very anxious to get a broody, I can't wait to watch this incubation thing done by a pro. My buddy did it and his broody and chicks are so cool together.

BrahmaMama, From what I have seen you want to do the best with what you have, but the chicks can take some varience. The numbers everyone talks about I think are ideal and what you should strive for. However, my buddy basically sets it up, turns the eggs when he thinks about it, and basically hopes for the best. I have 9 of his chicks and they are doing just great. Granted he doesn't get a great hatch rate, but he's not in a race with anyone either. Whatever makes you happy.If you want you are welcome to post anything about your incubation here. That way we can hold hands together. I haven't candeled yet, almost scared to.

Good Karma everyone,
Bob

Last edited:
Thanks Bob
smile.png
I will definitely be following this post, and updating too. The majority of my eggs are brown, so I'm not brave enough to try and candle them yet. The little white one I had was just calling me to, though, lol!

Well I wanna join this party too! I build my incubator on Sunday, have had it running since then to make sure everything it staying stable!
smile.png
I'm getting some eggs tomorrow from a friend so will we see what happens! They are all sorts of a barn yard surprise so I have no idea what is going to hatch! But I do know I never saw a chicken that wasn't cute! I'm going to be getting about a dozen or so depending on how many eggs she gets from the girls! I will get some pictures later! I'll probably start my own post to keep everyone up to date on what happens, I know that I'm keeping my cool now since the eggs aren't here yet, but once they're in the bator I'm gonna be a nervous wreck with tons of questions for 21 days or so! :-D

Welcome Eryn- this is definitely a hand holding party! We are all so excited!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Because we so badly want our eggs to do:
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

What kind are you putting in the incubator?

Back
Top Bottom