Please Hold My Hand

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by RepoBob, Feb 3, 2008.

1. RepoBob

RepoBob Songster

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    Welcome Eryn, Glad to have another hand to hold. [​IMG]
    I'm in the middle of building an incubator too. It got put on hold because of real life. [​IMG] Show us some pictures of yours. I'll post mine when I finally finish it. Thats why I borrowed one from a friend for this hatch. Yea, it seems like nervous is part of the process. haha.

chickenranchwife, glad everything is well. Me too, at the moment [​IMG]

Good Karma,
    Bob

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  2. It's called faith Bob! Gotta have it to succeed.

Thanks for joining us in our hand holding party.

3. Eryn

Eryn Songster

Jan 13, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Well I'm not sure what kind of eggs I will end up with! It 's a huge surprise! My friend has two BR's and two EE's all of which are hens... She has a bunch of what she calls banties that includes one really determined roo... He might be smaller than the BR's and the EE's but that doesn't stop him! So we are gonna do a test of these eggs to see if they are fertile... She's also giving me some from her banties that we know should be fertile as she has hatched some before! Here are the pictures she sent me of the chickens!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. RepoBob

RepoBob Songster

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    Eryn, Nice Chickens. Looks like they eat well [​IMG] The second picture is beautiful.

chickenranchwife, Oh I do have faith. Faith that these guys can help me through this, that's why I started the thread. You guys are great [​IMG]

Bob

5. Eryn

Eryn Songster

Jan 13, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Quote:These aren't mine, but they are the parents of the eggs I will be getting tomorrow! I'm so excited but I'm starting to get nervous!! [​IMG]

6. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Songster

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    [​IMG] I candled the little white egg tonight, and saw a little dark spot...trying to figure out if that's good or bad (was expecting just veins I guess) and the spot moved! [​IMG]

The rest of my eggs are brown, and I can't see anything yet...I hate to get my hopes up because I know alot can go wrong between now and then, but man, that was awesome to see. My husband was downstairs starting the corn stove, and I think I did a little girl squeal...made him come and see, lol!

Good luck with everyone else here [​IMG]

7. RepoBob

RepoBob Songster

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    Don't know for sure, but I would think growth is probably good. Its funny you should post this now. I was just laying in bed thinking about how to make a candler (excitting life, I know). I couldn't figure it out or fall asleep, so here I am.

I found a website with a lot of info on candeling. You may have to cut and paste 'cause I ain't savy enough to make a live link. [​IMG]
    http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/eggs/res24-00.html.

Its from the University of Illinois, and has a lot of info.

Good Luck,
    Bob

Wow, the computer knew it was a website and did the link thing. Glad these computers are so smart.[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  8. Parson's Wife

Parson's Wife Blessed Abundantly

Jan 22, 2008
    Arkansas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Hello,
    Just thought I would check in with everyone....still here, still turning, still checking...and still loving it!
    [​IMG]

9. Hello everyone, Well my bator is still working, and the temp is staying steady, Humidity is good. Will wait til Sunday or Monday Morning to find out how my eggs are doing. Most of them brown so probably won't be able to tell there.

10. RepoBob

RepoBob Songster

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Me Too., Still watching temps OK, Humidity OK, Turning 3 times a day
    13 days 2 hrs 11 min 09 sec To Go [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: