Please post your chicken dogs!

Benny has never bothered with he chickens and is even tolerated by our huge buff orpington roo!

This is Chica. She is a little scared of the chickens in the pen. She just runs over to smmell & see what she can get into. Yesterday was the first test. I didn't realize 2 of my girls were out when I let Chica out. She did great! She ran towards them & sent them running to their coop.

Then one of mmy chicks got out of the brooder. Chica was trying to help me round her up. I know she wasn't going after her to catch & eat her, but as a herd dog, she didn't do too well. She doesn't understand what, "Go that way, scare her out to me!" Means. Oh well, we'll keep working on it.

This is Pudge, he has a high herding instinct and low prey drive, he's gotten in trouble for walking around with a chicken in his mouth, she was completely uninjured, I've caught him licking the chickens, and he likes to make sure when I go to check on the chickens that they are there to check on, and will herd any free ranging back towards the run.

Caring and sharing...three of my chickens attempting to share food with some of my GSD's....one chicken in the dog enclosure eating their food...no problems...

Back
Top Bottom