Please pray for Willow D:

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chicken Frenzie, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    [​IMG] Hi guys [​IMG]. [​IMG] I'm sad. My GoldenLaced Wyandotte baby isn't doing so well. You may remember my little story about her... idk. But here's her situation:
    She keeps falling when she walks, and when she falls she can't get up, and since she's down on the ground, my RIR pecks at her. And it seems Willow's leg problem has gotten worse =/. Because I don't want her to suffer... but I love her so much [​IMG]. I hope she heals soon [​IMG] And I have no idea what's wrong with her either... I just hope she gets better [​IMG]

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

3. chickenforever24

chickenforever24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    poor baby! [​IMG]

4. Farm_Maven

Farm_Maven Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    Tishomingo
    [​IMG]

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Sending healing vibes your way.

6. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

How old is she? Did you ever give Corid for coccidia or worm her with Safeguard? Is she thin. Which leg is it?

7. Chicken Frenzie

Nov 2, 2010
    Well, she's about hmm, let me figure out. She's for months old, but it's like she spranged it or something?
    But no, she's eating fine, and drinking fine, and no, we havn't this is a new problem for us. But I have a feeling that her whole toenail accidently getting crushed by a door had part of this =/.
    ?But my mom and I are taking her to a bird vet, to see if she knows what's wrong, and what could help. I'll give you updates when we get back

8. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Praying for youand willow.
    Keep her inside and seperated from the others.
    That could help her heal.
    [​IMG]

9. Chicken Frenzie

Nov 2, 2010
    Okay, thanks [​IMG].

10. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    [​IMG] My BR hen Precious had this same problem, so I put her in a very roomy pen just for her, with my stupid egg eater who quit eating eggs since she was with her BFF. It took her about 2 months to recover. Below is a picture of her leg hurting when she was eating, so she sat in her food bowl. LOL And I think Precious sprained her foot.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by