please say rooster!

jgoodin

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 17, 2014
el Paso tx
I got my flock 2 days ago and I'm not sure my white hen is a pullet. I've gotten mixed responses. Can a BYC expert help? :)

Also, I was told by the seller that she was half rir half barred rock. Some say she could be leghorn/br cross. The seller did say my red hens were rir but they are (according to this helpful community) red sex links. Please help! More pics coming

It's kind of hard to see, but I think cockerel, judging by the comb & wattles. But how old is it?
I'm not sure how old it is. The seller said I was getting two rir hens a year old, two barred rock hens 4 months and their hatchmate-the white one. But since he said rir and they are red sex links I'm thinking he could've been lying.

He also said he had a bunch of mixed breed in his flock that were newer hatches but didn't say how old, I'm thinking a few wks since they looked feathered in when he showed me pictures.

Also, one of my barred rocks is still peeping. So I might have actually got two red sex link adult hens, one 4 month old BR, one younger BR and her mysterious white hatchmate. which, by the way, looks like it has tiny little spur nubs.

Last edited:
Can you get a better shot of the saddle and hackle feathers? I am not really seeing anything that screams rooster, but with all white birds the saddle/hackle areas can be hard to make out in most shots unless they are just blatantly long and pointy. What I do see of the saddle area looks awfully pullety to me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom