Please say she’ll live

Your closeup photos are very good and clear, but what is the context? Where is the wound located on the chicken?

Wound care:

-Flush wound with soap and water, then irrigate with saline to restore chemical balance.
-If there is a skin flap, do not cut it off. You can use it as a graft to lay over the wound.
-Use Vetericyn and stay away from peroxide. The first encourages tissue growth. The second destroys it.
-Use triple antibiotic ointment or Neosporin on the raw wound, lay any skin flaps over the wound and "glue" them down with a generous amount of ointment over the top. In a few days the graft will take.

Clean and treat the wound every day and do not let it dry out under any circumstances.

An oral antibiotic is probably a good idea since the wound is pretty large and deep,

Your closeup photos are very good and clear, but what is the context? Where is the wound located on the chicken?

Wound care:

-Flush wound with soap and water, then irrigate with saline to restore chemical balance.
-If there is a skin flap, do not cut it off. You can use it as a graft to lay over the wound.
-Use Vetericyn and stay away from peroxide. The first encourages tissue growth. The second destroys it.
-Use triple antibiotic ointment or Neosporin on the raw wound, lay any skin flaps over the wound and "glue" them down with a generous amount of ointment over the top. In a few days the graft will take.

Clean and treat the wound every day and do not let it dry out under any circumstances.

An oral antibiotic is probably a good idea since the wound is pretty large and deep,
Thank you! This is very helpful! I hadn’t thought of grafting it like that. Will get her and try that! And I think it’s like on her side kind of I the base of the neck but above the wings if that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom