Please sex this adolescent barred rock for me and save my marriage! - update, I have two hens - thin

because she knew she wasnt at the bottom anymore
big_smile.png

Quote:
Wow, just like some human females I know. The hen below seems much younger to me than four months but she screamed hen to me so I picked her up. I didn't know what breed she is though but I saw more than one like her. I will try to get another. Very pretty but what kind? Good egg layers? I have four kids and we eat alot of eggs. I knew barred rocks were good layers, but have know idea what kind this sweetie is... Any guesses? And please tell me it's a girl!

Quote:
Definitely know who the head hen is. Funny though, when we let these two out on the yard. The hen at the bottom of the pecking order was the first to take on the new arrivals.

I feel very sad that he took advantage of you like that.. Anyone who breeds BR can tell the difference between a hen and a roo by the time they are feathered. This is most definitely a BR roo.

IMG_1455.jpg

My cockerel (same age as yours)

IMG_1528.jpg

Pullet - also same age as yours. You would be able to notice the difference easily if you bred them (like the farmer).

Also, my BR male had a huge comb at a very young age when my pullet had hardly anything at all.

yup that looks like a hen
and i think its an Exquearae- blah blagg eihwosda something LEGHORN
tongue.png

it starts with Ex but look like a leghorn here i have two of them they are VERY rare and hard to hatch out.. have not hatch one out yet
sad.png

mine were not very good layer but they are two of my first chickens so hold a very special place on my chicken ranch of 30 some what chickens..
89080_school_years_and_plus_075.jpg

this is what it looked like as a chick
89080_turkey_025.jpg

and here they are as adults

does it have black spots on the feet if it does its an ancona

Last edited:
FOUND THE NAME!!!!
EXCHEQUER leghorn
89080_turkey_022.jpg

mine are 2 years old now
very rare not very good layers in my expereance
but yours looks like a pullet for sure

They do look like the one I just got. Thanks! Off to get another one...

Back
Top Bottom