Please sex this adolescent barred rock for me and save my marriage! - update, I have two hens - thin

that bird looks too stocky to be a leghorn...and her comb is TINY for a fully feathered leghorn, and her tail is rather short, though I guess that isn't really an indicator...she does have yellow legs. She looks more mottled than speckled (though I guess she could have super speckledy feathers), but she is pretty! My speckled sussex has white legs.

P1000177.jpg

She even looks stocky compared to my sussex...could she be a hatchery quality (yellow legs) mottled orpington?

Last edited:
I think she could be a Ancona. Mine were laying almost everyday until the cold and daylight savings time ended. Here are my two.
44962_2011_336.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
these leghorns are strange.. i still say its a leghorn.. the way it looks to me scream Exchequer mine didnt get a big comb until they started to lay.. i have a picture here of one as a pullet (not mine someone elses) just need to find it and ask if i could use it
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/103601_img_0515.jpg
here one as a pullet as you can see fully feathered and small comb

Last edited:
Quote:
yeah I know, I just wanted to post a picture of mine too.
big_smile.png
Call me jealous. My DH does not have a passion for my chickens like I do.
roll.png

those ancona are beautiful
smile.png
by the way i want to add some to my flock but might really confuse me with the others i have
smile.png

Okay. The one I wanted was a little too beat up by too many roosters, so I brought this one home - I sure hope it's a hen. It could be Ancona, the legs are black and yellow. The one I brought home has a weird hook at the end of its beak. Will that go away? I checked to make sure it wasn't cross-it's not, but what a hook she's got at the end there. So tell me, do I finally have two SHE chickens? How old do you think they are?

Please tell me it's a girl!
49886_new_chicken.jpg

Back
Top Bottom