Please tell me about Guinea pigs

If you feed rabbit pellets be careful. Rabbits have totally different nutritional requirements then guinea pigs do. Guinea pigs need higher protien, rabbits do not. And some rabbit feeds shouldn't fed to guinea pigs because of is put in them. I can't remember what it is, some brands carry something that is toxic for guinea pigs. So just becareful.

Here's my experience:

Disgusting creatures that poop and pea EVERYWHERE. When you hold them...they're gonna poop. Oh, and they'll scream/ squeal. Then they make annoying "wink, wink, wink" sounds ALL the time.

Quote:
Ours let us know that it needs to go by getting wiggley. Usually, a squeal is only when they are hurt or scared. The only time I heard ours make that is the first couple of times we cut her toenails. Then, she was used to it it was ok. She makes a whisling noise when we open the 'fridge. I think that is too cute. She also purrs when she is happy. The purring is hard to hear unless you are next to her.

Quote:
Ours let us know that it needs to go by getting wiggley. Usually, a squeal is only when they are hurt or scared. The only time I heard ours make that is the first couple of times we cut her toenails. Then, she was used to it it was ok. She makes a whisling noise when we open the 'fridge. I think that is too cute. She also purrs when she is happy. The purring is hard to hear unless you are next to her.

Mine does the rumble strut. i think its cute when they week at you. Mine only does it to let you know if he wants something.

Quote:

Ours did it each and every time we held it. It would start the screaming stuff and not stop until you put it down. If you went near it, SCREAM!!!

I currently.have 10 guineas 6 girls and 4 boys. Mine dont stink at all, but admittedly they have their own pen which I built so they practically free roam. I clean then out once every 3 weeks to a month if that. Doesnt get dirty or stink in there. I think theyre great with loads of personality.

Back
Top Bottom