Please tell me this is not a rooster!

Pics

Denisea3465

Songster
6 Years
May 28, 2017
Björköby, Sweden
Hello,

First time posting here but have read and learned a lot in the past several months from you all. I am a new chicken owner. We purchased some Welsummer 3 week old chicks in the spring and they all seemed to fit the profile for being hens. Typical story here, we live in a village that doesn't allow roosters. But as this one got older, well, as you can see... is it a rooster? The guy I bought them from insists he sold me all hens (I sent him a photo asking a few weeks ago). He also said s/he should have started crowing by now?

S/he is now 25 weeks old, no spurs, no crowing or noises or behaviors different than the other girls. Just the suspiciously long tail feathers. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• DSC_9320.JPG
    DSC_9320.JPG
    476 KB · Views: 33
  • 20171018_160032.jpg
    20171018_160032.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
Hello,

First time posting here but have read and learned a lot in the past several months from you all. I am a new chicken owner. We purchased some Welsummer 3 week old chicks in the spring and they all seemed to fit the profile for being hens. Typical story here, we live in a village that doesn't allow roosters. But as this one got older, well, as you can see... is it a rooster? The guy I bought them from insists he sold me all hens (I sent him a photo asking a few weeks ago). He also said s/he should have started crowing by now?

S/he is now 25 weeks old, no spurs, no crowing or noises or behaviors different than the other girls. Just the suspiciously long tail feathers. Thank you in advance.
100% male.

This makes me so sad, he has been my favorite. The gentlest and least scatterbrained (haha) and so friendly. And I thought she (he :( ) was the prettiest of our girls, too. I absolutely don't have the heart to slaughter him, and they are notoriously difficult to find homes for in our area, since no one is allowed to have them. Everyone only wants hens. I just don't know what to do now.... besides hurry up and move. :/

This makes me so sad, he has been my favorite. The gentlest and least scatterbrained (haha) and so friendly. And I thought she (he :( ) was the prettiest of our girls, too. I absolutely don't have the heart to slaughter him, and they are notoriously difficult to find homes for in our area, since no one is allowed to have them. Everyone only wants hens. I just don't know what to do now.... besides hurry up and move. :/
Don't be sad an slaughter him.let him do what he's supposed to an make babies,put a sign out front an sell chicks 2-3$ a piece.in the animal kingdom males are always prettier so they can attract females easier for mating.

Yep, you've got a male there. See how his pattern is totally different. Welsummers are one of the breeds that the sexes pattern totally different. Actually at 3 weeks of age they should have looked different. If that's a picture of the chicks when you bought them...they are no where near 3 weeks of age. They are a week old, 10 days at the most.

Back
Top Bottom