Please tell me this isn't what I think.. Graphic pics. I put her down

I put Gabby down this aft. I had tried feeding her extra treats but, she kept loosing weight. When I would pick her up she cry out like it hurt her. This aft when I picked her up and she cried out, I told her, "I'm sorry but, it's time." She quieted right down and looked at me with her big trusting eyes as if to say "I'm ready."

Yellowrosebouquet.jpg

GABBY

I am sorry that it had to come to that:( But at least now she isn't in any pain anymore. Thats good!! I hope you feel better!!

Thank you and I will. Mine are working chickens but, Gabby had wormed her way into being a pet as a chick. She was special.
hit.gif

Kitty, I'm so sorry. The last hen I lost to internal laying, Rosemary, acted like her abdomen did hurt. She used to like to be held and carried around, but in the last few months, she seemed to be in pain and would struggle to get down. She also stopped her usual flying up to our shoulders to eat blueberries. Their reproductive tract is just under so much stress from producing those eggs almost daily, any number of things could have gone wrong. They sure can wrap themselves around your heart.
enlarme2.gif

Thank you!

I didn't take a look inside. It was hard enough putting her down there is no way I could do anything more.

Back
Top Bottom