Plymouth Rock thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by sloallie10, Dec 5, 2009.

1. BRITROCK

BRITROCK Out Of The Brooder

Dec 23, 2011
    Hi

Looking for really good photos of your Plymouth rock Roosters or Hens/pullets.
    I am putting together a breed standard webpage for UK Rock website.

Barred white and Buff etc would be great large or bantam.

Please email [email protected]

Jonny

2. Moonlight Piano

Moonlight Piano Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey plymouth rockers, i have put together a little list of plymouth rock breeders. If you have some of this beautiful breed just post to the topic following the directions, or just pm me your BYC name and current state. I think this will help us all get to know one another better, and maybe even sale some of our stock to prolong the popularity of this breed in the states.
    here is the URL: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=8111879#p8111879

3. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen Premium Member

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    Quote:I think that is a great idea! I have been looking for others with Blue Rocks and it is a hard job! Or Blacks.....

4. Moonlight Piano

Moonlight Piano Chillin' With My Peeps

Blacks seem to be VERY rare, along with columbian, and buff. [​IMG] puzzling they are both such beautiful varieties! [​IMG] But I have been looking for blue rocks too, so I could maybe find some chicks middle of next year; however I really want buff, but no one seems to have any, and I do NOT want hatchery stock. ( I'm weird like that [​IMG] ).

5. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    Does anyone raise LF non hatchery Buff Rocks?

6. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm APA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Monticello, Arkansas
    I would suggest joining the Pylmouth Rock Fanciers Club of America and see if any of their members have the Buff. You could start with the hatchery Buff Rocks and use either an exhibition Buff Orpington or White Rock to improve the size. It may take a few generations, but can be done.

7. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    What's that white stuff on my leg?

[​IMG]

I had to through some straw and scratch so they would go outside. Once they took the plunge it wasn't so bad. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  8. gardendufus

gardendufus Chillin' With My Peeps

OK........I'm going to read all 217 pages of this thread, honest. But just in case I can get a faster answer.............

I'm looking for some large Barred Rock chicks. Would prefer breeder stock to hatchery. Am willing to drive (from Colorado Springs) for several hours to get them. Anyone know of breeders anywhere near this area?

Edited to add: I see havinfun is in OKC....sheesh I hadn't planned on a 12 hour drive but I might have to.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  9. tigercreek

tigercreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Come see me!! It would be a nice drive to Florida!! You could go to the beach!![​IMG] . .........stan

10. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen Premium Member

May 18, 2011
    Nashville

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by