Plymouth Rock thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by sloallie10, Dec 5, 2009.

1. gardendufus

gardendufus Chillin' With My Peeps

LOL Rippy how do you think I found out about havinfun? But thanks for providing it just in case. Maybe the NE guy.........I'll have to get a map out.

2. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen Premium Member

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    Quote:Is there a thread on BYC for your area? Here https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=68894 I just happened to find a thread in my area by accident. Ask on that thread too. They may know someone closer and that person may not check out this thread. I have breeds that I don't follow the threads for and they might follow the one in CO [​IMG]

3. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    Just thought I'd share some recent pic of my bantam rocks [​IMG] I only have a trio, but I'm working on hatching out more chicks from them. They are great little birds.
    Enjoy!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  4. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Quote:By poor light feathers, do you mean darker barring than your line? Was curious to see Kathy's answer.

5. Matt1616

Matt1616 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2011
    South Alabama
    The poster said "poor flight feathers" not "poor light feathers". I believe they are talking about the primary wing feathers.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  6. BRITROCK

BRITROCK Out Of The Brooder

Dec 23, 2011
    Hi Matt

Yes you are right flight feathers.

The roosters seem to have loose feathers, (wing and tail) also look as if they are not inline (twisted feather).
    I would love the chance to mix the American strain into my strain, the size and the double barring gene of your strains would improve my strain much quicker than my selective breeding.

Example of the two types: Top one USA bottom UK

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BRITROCK

7. AnimalsComeFirst

AnimalsComeFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    Barred rock, named Gloria. [​IMG] (Don't mess with her unless you live near a hospital. LOL!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. tigercreek

tigercreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:That's gotta be the meanest looking chicken I've ever seen!! Does she run the Mafia in your town?? .....stan

9. AnimalsComeFirst

AnimalsComeFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    Quote:That's gotta be the meanest looking chicken I've ever seen!! Does she run the Mafia in your town?? .....stan

Well, she doesn't run the town, but she certainly runs our household! LOL! She does have a mean look, but she is a lovebug.

10. Matt1616

Matt1616 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2011
    South Alabama
    Britrock, where did you get that picture of the American Barred Rock?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by