Plymouth Rock thread!

Hi Lucky123

Pictures as promised

114411_summer_2011_181.jpg

Cockerel at 20 weeks he is the the son of previous post page 219

114411_dsc01911.jpg

Same cockerel photo this morning in the rain 32 weeks old, my new boy for the year, improved sized and type over last years with a slight loss of barring. I will get this back with this years breeding.

114411_summer_2011_207.jpg

This is his half sister at 19 weeks tail not through yet she is a really lovely pullet which I will mate with him to produce next years cockerel, to put with his full sisters, they are big plus type and combs looking really well.

BRITROCK

Quote:
Just my opinion, From all I've seen that male is one of, If not the best male ever posted on BYC, These Rocks happen to be from S. Ga?

Wow, thank you! Pine Grove (William) in South GA owns the parents of my BRs. The lines are Marvin Stukel, a breeder in Arizona. Rex is still filling out, even now, but I do think he's turned into some nice eye candy. He has a couple of minor flaws, but he'll produce some show-worthy sons and daughters, IMO. You can't tell in the pictures, but the pullets are very large, especially two of the three.

That male on an overly dark, good type female, should produce dark colored males with a similar type. In the old days here in the US there were two varieties of BR. Light and dark.

Walt

Back
Top Bottom