Plymouth Rock thread!

Yard full o' rocks :

Quote:
Thanks Tyler (and everyone else)....I had thought about showing at Newnan, but after the comments from a few poultry judges I don't think they are quite ready. May do it anyway, just for the experience....just not sure yet

I'm hatching a bunch right now...60 in the incubator already. Hoping next years "keepers" will be even better

Go for it what do you have to lose? I will look for you. We are planning on going and I would love to meet you and other bycers.​

Yard full o' rocks :

Quote:
Do it anyway. Then you will see how they stack up against the whites. Compare the bodies. It also gets the birds cage trained so that when you go for real, they are already use to that kind of activity. The best chicken in the world is not going to win if it isn't showing right.

Walt

Thanks Walt!! The show is late Feb or March (cant remember). Perhaps you can help me pick a "decent pair" to take. Dont want to TOTALLY embarrass myself,
hide.gif

Feb 18th!

Last edited:
Hi PEI Chicken. Thanks for the well wishes. I really really am just getting started. I have a chicken tractor and just the three hens. I already enjoy them so. It sounds like you are "in deep." What fun. I can't wait to get my first egg. Take care.
t
big_smile.png

Yard full o' rocks :

Quote:
Do it anyway. Then you will see how they stack up against the whites. Compare the bodies. It also gets the birds cage trained so that when you go for real, they are already use to that kind of activity. The best chicken in the world is not going to win if it isn't showing right.

Walt

Thanks Walt!! The show is late Feb or March (cant remember). Perhaps you can help me pick a "decent pair" to take. Dont want to TOTALLY embarrass myself,
hide.gif

Hey Scott....you should put some birds in the show!!!! I am going to put my blue wyandotte roo and a pullet in, just to see how it goes
smile.png
. I am pretty sure that it is the first or second saturday in Feb. I'll have to PM you when I am certain. I am supposed to go over to the fair grounds and help set up over that weekend
smile.png
. I will let you know if you would like
big_smile.png
. If any of you would like to find me just follow the sound of the banjo
big_smile.png
I will be there with it pretty much all day. I think Mr. Horstman is supposed to be there. I look forward to learning some things from him
smile.png
. Had such a GREAT time last year, played in front of everyone on the mic. Looking forward to another great year.
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

God bless,
Tyler.

Last edited:
Quote:
Hey speckledhen.....do you think you might show as well. You BR's would be uncontested as far as I am concerned.
big_smile.png

God bless,
Tyler.

Thank you, Tyler! No, I don't have any interest in showing. I just love BRs. They will always be my mainstay here. IMO, they're the perfect all-round breed/variety. I have BBS Rocks as well, but the barreds were my first love, starting with the two original hatchery hens I lost over this past year, my Lexie and Ivy.

Back
Top Bottom