God bless,
Tyler.

If I don't find you, my husband will, he loves to pick and pickers
lau.gif

He will be in Liberty Overalls
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Hey speckledhen.....do you think you might show as well. Your BR's would be uncontested as far as I am concerned.
big_smile.png

God bless,
Tyler.

Thank you, Tyler! No, I don't have any interest in showing. I just love BRs. They will always be my mainstay here. IMO, they're the perfect all-round breed/variety. I have BBS Rocks as well, but the barreds were my first love, starting with the two original hatchery hens I lost over this past year, my Lexie and Ivy.

Sorry for your lose, but now you have new members for the backyard family
big_smile.png
. Rex and his bunch are truly stunning
smile.png
. i have been wanting to get some blues, but it will probably be later this year. I am the same way with my partridge. They ( and the speckled sussex) were the main reason I got sucked into poultry.
smile.png
Great to hear from you
smile.png

God bless,
Tyler.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
I thought the same thing because I am a picture taking freak
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
so funny
lol.png

God bless,
Tyler.

If I don't find you, my husband will, he loves to pick and pickers
lau.gif

He will be in Liberty Overalls
wink.png

lau.gif
come on over and join the fun. People were all over it last year, there were even some people that said they were going to come back this year and play. Probably won't remember, but my hopes are still high.
wink.png
I'll be looking for you. Hope to see you there
frow.gif

God bless,
Tyler.

Yard full o' rocks :

Quote:
Do it anyway. Then you will see how they stack up against the whites. Compare the bodies. It also gets the birds cage trained so that when you go for real, they are already use to that kind of activity. The best chicken in the world is not going to win if it isn't showing right.

Walt

Thanks Walt!! The show is late Feb or March (cant remember). Perhaps you can help me pick a "decent pair" to take. Dont want to TOTALLY embarrass myself,
hide.gif

Scott - WOW - nice looking birds you have there! To me, that last female pictured has VERY good type; that beautiful "V" shape on the topline, without much of a cushion at all. I'm of course NO expert, but SHE is really, really nice IMHO!!! You're making me want to keep some breeders from the little ones I have in my brooder from you!
he.gif

Does anyone have any experience with red pyle plymouth rocks? I got a bantam one today from Bob Murphy... I shall post a picture later.

I have a BPR Roo and he is very handsome! I got his gender mistaken. I expected a few eggs soon, but realized he was a he. I'm a big fan of these. And I agree with people who say they are mama's little boys- Harmony is REALLY cuddly.

Last edited:
Here is Ziva, my bantam hatched 08/29/12. Is it normal to have the wider bands on her wings? I think she is the only one who lost any feathers this fall. I know it is kind of hard to tell in a picture but her face is pretty red...think she might lay soon??? How does she look for her age?

Hi - nice pullet! Yes, her barring is normal, and quite nice and "tight." She ought to be thinking about laying soon... I have a bunch of these little rascals, and they're great. They make wonderful mothers, and have a tendency to be broody. Here's a photo of one of my little pullet's wings:

and a cockerel at about 7 mos. of age:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom