Plymouth Rock thread!

Mycoplasma Galisepticum. It's an incurable respiratory disease.
what she said.

So any chickens that come here, come here to stay. They can not leave except to be slaughtered.
You can still eat the eggs and the birds, though. And honestly I have never lost a bird to it and I don't medicate. they are asymptomatic. I have a very mild strain.

There are much worse things.

it is just a problem if you want to sell birds or hatching eggs...not ethical to.

Has anyone experienced/know if it is possible for sex-linking in the blue Plymouth Rocks? Both of my obvious roosters have barred feathers, and the ones that appear to be hens do not. I have one that is developing barring on its neck so I was wondering.

Has anyone experienced/know if it is possible for sex-linking in the blue Plymouth Rocks? Both of my obvious roosters have barred feathers, and the ones that appear to be hens do not. I have one that is developing barring on its neck so I was wondering.
What were the mating pairs for your birds (sire and dam)? If they are truly Blue (blue, black, splash) their offspring should have NO barring at all. If a "blue barred" cockbird or a "standard barred" cockbird was used, then barring would be apparent in subsequent male offspring

The only way to accurately answer your question is to know the details of the parents

Sorry

I will be keeping records of each breeding pen so I can keep track of which pens is producing the best offspring. I am looking forward to using the double mating system on my Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks. I have older books that go into detail on double mating the Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks and it looks to have worked very well in the past. I have been following the progress you have made on your Columbian Rocks and you have done a outstanding job on them.
X2 Scott...great job!
hoping to do the same with the Buff Rocks...only I am fortunate that i am not starting from scratch...tom roebuck stock is already pretty darn nice..
wink.png

What were the mating pairs for your birds (sire and dam)? If they are truly Blue (blue, black, splash) their offspring should have NO barring at all. If a "blue barred" cockbird or a "standard barred" cockbird was used, then barring would be apparent in subsequent male offspring

The only way to accurately answer your question is to know the details of the parents

Sorry

I didn't breed these birds myself, so I can's say for sure which birds were where; but I believe both the parents were blue and they may have had a barred up somewhere recent in their ancestry.

i know this is not the place to post this buti have 11 white plymouth rock chicks for sale. they are Bob blosls line .If anyone interested send me a pm

Back
Top Bottom