polish chick with floppy neck

sealcovechickens

Hatching
9 Years
May 27, 2010
I have 3 golden polish 7 weeks old. two nights ago one started falling off its perch, after dangling its neck. Now cannot perch. Symptoms include head goes down under body, sometimes it flips over, then lays there quietly with head on the ground. It will get up and move around some and then, head goes down again, and again it sometimes flips or lays quietly with head sometimes quivering. I have isolated it, make sure it is drinking and eating. It no longer is acting "flighty" like the other two girls. They have struggled from the time we got them. We received four, one died almost instantly, they were pecked and loosing feathers to the other chicks they came with so we isolated them (I think some of the feather loss was stress). They were doing well and ready to go out into their own pen when this happened. Any ideas what might be the problem?

This sounds kinda like what some of my chicks get sometimes. Some live and get over it as others die. I just seperate mine and rub there neck and help them eat and drink. I also give them some vitamins. I am not sure what causes this or even what it is called.

Back
Top Bottom