Polish Chicks

That's why I like to hand-pick which chicks I get.... if I were to order from a hatchery... I'd order more than I wanted so I could pick my favorites and give away the rest.

I hatched 8 Polish from Ebay, out of 16 eggs. 5 were male. I rehomed 3 males because they were seriously flighty and too aggressive. I have 2 males WCB, one is near perfect, and one has a missing toe nail, lopsided hair, and poor posture. The three girls, buff laced, 2 have missing toe nails, but other than that they are all beautiful.
These 5 are very docile, and the roos don't mind being handled, the girls are actually affectionate, they like to have their poof messed with, and their chest stroked.

Quote:
The pictures Murray McMurray have are drawings, they don't even have pictures of their own birds. The pictures most hatcheries have aren't of their own birds, or are paintings or something else.

That last picture looks like my Roberta. She has no red on her, and we were told it was a she....but she was also only two weeks old then. I am really hoping it is a she. I can't tell the difference in hair do's yet.
Thanks for posting this so I could get a look.

Quote:
Hi, the first thing I noticed (I sat with them alot) is little bits of behavior. Then, I think that the males go balder than the females, and if you watch the poofs, the females have more round feathers on their head, and it goes lower in the front.

Back
Top Bottom