Polish frizzles

From feathersite, some frizzled polish:
BluePolFriz.JPEG

FrizPolYng.JPEG

JiffyFrizPol1month.JPEG

BrdBuffLFrizPolF1.JPEG

If you want to keep drooling,
droolin.gif
there are more photos there... http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Polish/BRKPolish.html

I have drooled plenty! LOL Thanks

Are people breeding other types of chickens other than frizzled cochins to get more of the polish characteristics? I have not figured out the particulars yet. Since frizzling is a gene and they need to be bred with different breeds to keep from having 'curlies', besides what I am doing (breeding polish to frizzled cochins), I thought that you would need to breed a frizzled whatever to polish to get frizzled polish. Obviously I am confused and need help. Please.

Quote:
Ideally you should have a smooth roo and smooth and frizzled hens. If you have a frizzled roo, you can only breed smooth hens with him. If you look, you can find frizzled Polish rather easily. The frizzle gene is very abundant in Polish without having to go outside of the Polish breed. I don't know of anyone who has Polish that breeds them to something else to get frizzled ones because it takes so long to get back to it actually being a Polish. Head over to the Polish thread and take a look there, you can also post a WTB ad or PM some people and see about getting eggs from them.

Agree, frizzling is NOT a breed characteristic, and one does not need to go out of the breed to find the gene unless one is looking for a very rare frizzling such as a shamo or modern game or sumatra. Not sure I would like the looks of any of those, though--the sleek look seems to be part and parcel of their characteristics, and frizzling is at the very least, NOT sleek, lol.

Update on my cochin/frizzle black roo with my polish hens - 1 WC blue, 2 buff, 1 splash. Last week's hatchlings are ALL frizzling. So cool. No top hats. The last couple of days getting some top hats. Also getting some really cool colors. Some feathered feet, some not, some black feet, some not. Very interesting.

79232_chicks_001.jpg

Could not get a better picture. Little rascal would not stop moving.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/79232_chicks_002.jpg
Can't even imagine what the top notch is going to look like.

Is anyone selling currently Polish/Frizzle hatching eggs or day old chicks? I know it is a harder time of year to ship, but I am looking to add straight Polish and PolishFrizzle but Ebay is very limited to zero listings....

thanks,
Lisa Orange County CA

Back
Top Bottom