Polish Hen or roo

The one on the right is a roo. I need to know the other one lol

Nope. 100% cockerel. See those male saddle feathers, the crazy crest and pointy hackle feathers on the neck? Mounting is also a dominance related thing, and cockerels often do it to each other. Even hens do sometimes.

If you got rid of the other cockerel, this one would probably stop hiding and start acting more like a roo. Pretty common when you have more than one rooster.

Nope. 100% cockerel. See those male saddle feathers, the crazy crest and pointy hackle feathers on the neck? Mounting is also a dominance related thing, and cockerels often do it to each other. Even hens do sometimes.

If you got rid of the other cockerel, this one would probably stop hiding and start acting more like a roo. Pretty common when you have more than one rooster.

This makes me sad... so they have been together since day one. He has only tried mounting once that I've seen. He is not aggressive towards the other one, he kinda protects and watches out for him. It may change when they get older but if they stay buddy buddy I'm just going to let them. My Polish are more chill than my other chickens.
But oh well I guess I'll get a polish hen one day... thank you for your help :)

This makes me sad... so they have been together since day one. He has only tried mounting once that I've seen. He is not aggressive towards the other one, he kinda protects and watches out for him. It may change when they get older but if they stay buddy buddy I'm just going to let them. My Polish are more chill than my other chickens.
But oh well I guess I'll get a polish hen one day... thank you for your help
smile.png
I think they are both cockerels as well. Oddly, only my cockerels lay down a lot. They can get along forever but if you have too many they might over mate your hens.

Oh and one day I might get an Ameraucana pullet!
fl.gif
So far 3 out 3 were boys.
he.gif

And waiting to see what color my EE's will lay. So far 1 out of 4 is laying an olive colored egg, guess I am glad it isn't brown since I have plenty of that. And the people at the LFS will argue until blue in the face they are Am's. Guess if the don't know any better though...
idunno.gif

Your boys are pretty.
love.gif
I didn't notice waddles on the one you were hoping to be a pullet though...

Back
Top Bottom