Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh an d here's the pic

They are so adorable!!! I love my Polish babies. It will be interesting to see how they grow.

me too! hoping to all be girls. one boy wouldnt be bad but i saw on website that if their poof is flat in the front and long then its possibly a boy. The girls will have a round more poofy poof... dont know if its true but if it is then all three babies look like boys
roll.png
but i guess ill have to wait!
D.gif

Thanks f
I'm not saying to try and make show quality birds by mixing I'm just saying it's possible .but this seriously takes a lot of knowledge and time . So if u plan on having them as pets go for it . If u wanna make show quality wc blacks fine the best looking male u can to increase the chances of getting a show worthy chick outta ur hatch.
thanks for the info

So i heard polish are easy for predators to catch and my coop has a huge run about 200 ft in perimeter but without a roof because were in the woods l. I was wondering if you guys let your polish out of if i should leave her in the 10x10 dog pen permanently because i don't want to loose her since shes a good layer, expensive, and over all a cool hen. Any suggestions ?

If you want to deter hawks , tie strings across the top about 1 foot apart from each other. When the hawks see them, they think they will get tangled and go on. My neighbors down the street have a 20 ft run wirh no top and this what they did and they havent lost one yet. Its been quite a while too.

me too! hoping to all be girls. one boy wouldnt be bad but i saw on  website that if their poof is flat in the front and long then its possibly a boy. The girls will have a round more poofy poof... dont know if its true but if it is then all three babies look like boys :rolleyes:  but i guess ill have to wait! :cd

Post pics and ill try sex them. We sex ours when they hatch. We have 6 babies now and 4 more pullets and their brother.. In a way, thats true, but whats true is that a rooster will have a wide crest and they will have long and stringy crest feathers. The females will have loopy feathers and their crest will be rounde.

A cockerel

A pullet. Actually, its two different ones.

That older one I posted is a pullet. The whole poof thing worked for my smooth not on my polish frizzles they are a different story. the bump on the head is like a little ball that u can feel female. If it is a bump but doesn't feel like a little ball more longe
skinny and slants back its a male. Post pics let's guess !

That older one I posted is a pullet. The whole poof thing worked for my smooth not on my polish frizzles they are a different story. the bump on the head is like a little ball that u can feel female. If it is a bump but doesn't feel like a little ball more longe
skinny and slants back its a male. Post pics let's guess !

I agree. When they hatch, rounded crests are female. Males are oblong and oval. As in long and oval.

Hi there Polish lovers...I have three polish hens in my flock now. Hatched on April 4th. Got them from Murray McMurray. Two are the golden laced and the other is a white crested black. One of my golden laced, Mop, is so heavily feathered on top she can't see where the other girls have gone and is frightened. I feel so sorry for her. :hit Is there a way that I can give her better vision by cutting back her head feathers without causing pain or discomfort? They are 12 weeks old now and the other golden lace, Broom, has less of a head dress compared to Mop. I will have to trim Q-tips feathers as well. I have regular hens and roosters and these girls will have to be separated from the rest of the flock because of pecking. My hubby will love me for this. 

We had a real big down pour of rain yesterday and I would guess she couldn't find her way back to the coop because she was the only one soaking wet from head to tail.  Poor baby. I have read that you can clip the feathers but I am scared to do that without some demonstration. I'm drawn to the weaker birds. Ugh! I would  have them live in the house with us. Pathetic! 

Hello! If you have not solved the trimming problem yet, this is what I do.I remove them from the coop at dark so they are calm, wrap in a towel and clip around the eyes with nail clippers. This can be doe easily, just don't cut too far into the quill.

Back
Top Bottom