Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So i heard polish are easy for predators to catch and my coop has a huge run about 200 ft in perimeter but without a roof because were in the woods l. I was wondering if you guys let your polish out of if i should leave her in the 10x10 dog pen permanently because i don't want to loose her since shes a good layer, expensive, and over all a cool hen. Any suggestions ?

man I thought so but I had some hope what can I breed a WCB to to get sq babies

They can't see something coming at them, especially from overhead. Mine have either a dog kennel cover, or in the largest run they have a netting "roof". I did make the mistake of leaving some free range. They were taken that very day. One from a hawk, the other by a fox.
So i heard polish are easy for predators to catch and my coop has a huge run about 200 ft in perimeter but without a roof because were in the woods l. I was wondering if you guys let your polish out of if i should leave her in the 10x10 dog pen permanently because i don't want to loose her since shes a good layer, expensive, and over all a cool hen. Any suggestions ?

I am wanting to breed polish and I have a white crested black hen and my friend has a tolbunt cock I was wondering if I breed them what I will get? My second question I have 2 polish both white crested black but only 1 show quality and now I'm Hooked does anyone on here live in Sacramento California area who has any show quality hens pullets or straight run chicks for sale of any variety

I have extra polish chicks 1 week right now white crested blacks at least 2 I think ur roos, wc blue,wc red and other colors but I live 4-5hrs south of u
. Ok so about what ur cross could look like
And this is just what I understand if I'm wrong please correct me . Ok I read the female contributes the features so it's most important that she is a perfect specimen. The males give the color however u still want him to have good qualities too. For example if u use a plymoth roo over a plainhen u will get female and male barred babies if u use a plymoth femalewith a plain roo u will get only barred roos. That is because barring is sex linked though.
The tricky thing is the tolbunt it's a specific color and marking not a breed so if it doesn't look just right it's not technically tolbunt anymore . So not sure what the black would do. But who knows what u would make possibly even a new type that one day could be recognized .
A lot of tolbunts I even wanna say most are crossed with gold lace molten houdans even orloff ( which isn't even polish)so where along the line and people show them and win medals

Last edited:
This is a pic of the older one she has the biggest poof I have ever seen not sure if it has to to with the little handful of turkey Started I mix in their feed or her genes . Not sure how to tell if they are show quality but don't haveobvious defect I know it look like she has a ton of black in her white but I think it my camera angle.

Ok so I just wrote this thing about genetics and was quoting went to attach a pic then it disappeare sorry about that last thing I wrote is outaa context now

Ok so I just wrote this thing about genetics and was quoting went to attach a pic then it disappeare sorry about that last thing I wrote is outaa context now

If you notice an error click on the pencil icon in the bottom left-hand corner of your post and then edit or add and then click "submit" again.

That was the gist of the other one I wrote Thanks for the help too I think it's cuz I'm on my phone . There is gunna be a seriously weird post somewhere with a serious close up attached to it lol sorry
Either way I say try it my favorite polish is a total mutt am I allowed to say that lol I love them all she's just special !

I'm not saying to try and make show quality birds by mixing I'm just saying it's possible .but this seriously takes a lot of knowledge and time . So if u plan on having them as pets go for it . If u wanna make show quality wc blacks fine the best looking male u can to increase the chances of getting a show worthy chick outta ur hatch.

Back
Top Bottom